2005 ZX6RR for sale

Discussion in 'Buy and Sell' started by M87, Jul 28, 2020.

1. M87

M87 Active Member

The time has come to part ways with my 2005 ZX-6RR.

And I really mean it this time.

The bike was originally an AMA racer built by Attack Racing and campaigned by Ben Attard.
    [​IMG]

After they were done with it in 2006 it was sold to Aaron Gwin and raced in the WWMRA.

I bought it from Aaron on Halloween 2007. I have documentation for most of this. The bike was never registered and includes the “Certificate of Origin” from Kawasaki.

None of this adds value to the bike, especially since many of the parts have changed, but I think it makes an interesting story. It has a few little touches that make it a little more user friendly like MotoGp style lifts so if you crash you don’t take out the spools for the stands, they include ramps that hold the rear wheel in place and makes wheel changes easier. A pitbull rear stand is include but not the front stands.

The bike currently has a stock 599cc motor built by Willie Vass. I think I ran this motor for about a year. It’s probably around 116 hp.
    [​IMG]

The bike includes lots of spares.

One Good gas tank, one damaged gas tank

Spare swing arm

Two sets of spare forks condition unknown.
    [​IMG]

Spare levers, shifter, a couple Attack racing rear sets maybe a handle bar or two.

Several rear sprockets.
    [​IMG]
    Various engines in states of disrepair.

Extra body work from crashed and repairable to non crashed and just sort of ugly.

Brank new tail section and airbox cover.

Transponder without a current subscription.

Starlane GPS lap timer.

I am including my Yamaha generator and various tire warmers. I haven’t started the generator in over a year but it should be good, the tire warmers are probably junk.

Speaking of junk I have boxes of it but I won't include the pictures, I have found it handy when I needed a part to have one in a box somewhere.

I even have a severely damaged frame, I wouldn’t call it a spare it’s more like junk.
    I won't bother with a picture.
    I'm thinking around $3850 for everything, but I’ll consider reasonable offers if you take it all.
    Email me for more info. mycall at telus dot net.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  2. M87

M87 Active Member

Updated after track day August 1 because of problems with the transmission I am now open to offers.
    There have been a couple of questions about the bike so here is the long answer.
    The bike runs on 91/93 octane pump gas. I only use Shell or Esso. It has had multiple engines so I have multiple maps but only one for the current engine. It has the an Ohlins shock and Ohlins fork kit. These were installed on the bike when it was in AMA and were the best available at the time. They have been rebuilt 3 times, the last time by Willie Vass 3 years ago. I only rode the bike twice in 2018 and I didn't ride it in 2019.
    It runs pretty strong, but is not as fast as current 600s. I probably lose about 1/2 to one bike length on the straight at Miller on the East track but part of that might be that I weigh over 200 lbs.
    Bike is definitely popping out of first gear so that will have to be fixed.
    Brakes seem fine but I would also probably rebuild the front brakes. I have multiple master cylinders and callipers so that's not a problem. I never liked the stock Kawasaki brake so I installed brembo master on it years ago. I have at least one spare lever and I think I have a rebuild kit for the master cylinder. I definitely have a factory rebuild kit for the the calipers.
    I haven't crashed the bike in years and when I did I replaced everything. I did notice when I took the fairing off that the fairing stay is cracked and so I JB welded it. It probably cracked from vibration since it is the lightweight factory race stay. I have a stock stay somewhere if you didn't want to fix it.
    As far as the pictures go the first picture with Ben Attard on it is from 2005.
    The picture of me coming through the attitudes is from 2018 and all the rest are from last week. My Avatar is of the bike in 2017 when my motor blew up in Utah.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 9:16 AM