2008 GSXR 750 engine????

Jayson Lynch

Hey guys and gals,
I'm a WMRC racer from Mission. I ran at your July round (WCC), #97x.
Anyway, I had a chain come apart during a race today and I am looking for a new block, engine, or help on finding someone who can repair and freshen this motor.
It wouldn't be too hard to talk me in to a mild pump gas friendly build either.
I'm open to any help or suggestion you may have.
Thanks
Jayson

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Thats shitty luck. Why did it come apart? and was it a clip style or river master link?
Neil

Jayson Lynch

not entirely sure, it was a rivet link and I checked it on wednesday before I put the bike in the trailer and it was fine. I religiously check and lube my chain before every weekend. The bike did fall off the rear stand and the stand got caught in the chain/wheel/swingarm. I never thought to check the chain after that, but I can't see that being enough force to damage a rivet link. I don't have any pieces of the link to look at, but other than some roadrash the rest of the chain is fine... not that I'll reuse it....

So far I've contacted Ron's Performance (RPM), Speed Dealer and EDR, all in the US. Only Speed Dealer has returned my emails. But, it is only Tuesday night.

PGB700

Engine on Kijiji...

Theres one on Kijiji Edmonton right now for $1000, the guy was going to use it for a dunebuggy...

Cheers,
Paul