2011 Michelin contingency

Arctic Donkey

Looks like no more "Michelin dollars", instead we get the same amount but can buy whatever we want with it = real money :) Is that right Dave?

sv-racing-parts

Michelin Contingency

:) The Debit Card is a sweet deal, I don't see Middle Weight Twins, although I do see the Super Twin - Thunder Class,

What else is good to go for the SV,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

Dean

Michelin contingency requires a "Pro" account. That account costs USD $49.95 per year. On top of that, once you've had your first contingency payment, they will deduct USD $19.95 as a card activation fee. After that, you are payment free for a year.

Because the Michelin contingency pays out so well, that should not be a show stopper. Last year, it was almost a show stopper for me on Pirelli contingency, but I managed to just get my money back based on hitting the podium in my last 2 races. So yes, it does cost, but consider that administration fees for the contingency program.

Thanks for the explanation Dean, I couldn't remember all the fees and prices. I know that I do like the program, but on a whim for someone that might get close to a podium. It's a chance to get something back for your efforts. Good luck this season.

sv-racing-parts

Michelin contingency requires a "Pro" account. That account costs USD $49.95 per year. On top of that, once you've had your first contingency payment, they will deduct USD $19.95 as a card activation fee. After that, you are payment free for a year.

Because the Michelin contingency pays out so well, that should not be a show stopper. Last year, it was almost a show stopper for me on Pirelli contingency, but I managed to just get my money back based on hitting the podium in my last 2 races. So yes, it does cost, but consider that administration fees for the contingency program.

:) Does this mean that once the card is activated once, that the annual renewal fee if $19.95? Or do you pay the $49.95 every year along with the $19.95 for activation every year,

Thanks,
Blair

Dean

I believe that the card is activated only once, so the 19.95 is taken off when you actually win something the first time only. The $49.95 is a yearly fee to keep your pro status. It's the pro account that gives cash, and since Michelin is paying cash, that's the required level.

sv-racing-parts

Hi Dave, Are you going to be working Co-operatively with Ryan Whittle at the Mission track for contingency?

He announced tonight that he is now going to be the Michelin Vendor at Mission with WMRC? I am curious as to how contingency will be handled,

Thanks,
Blair

Dean

The Pirelli XTRM cards will work just fine. Contingency is handled by the XTRM network, so a XTRM card works for all contingency offered by them.

Blair, with XTRM handling the contingency, all you need to do is join. Each respective club sends in the results, you also report your results on the XTRM website, and once they ratify them, then usually a month or two later, the cash gets deposited on your card. I was usually 1 month before we saw the money last year.

The actual vendor doesn't have to do anything when XTRM manages the program, which might be nice for Dave.

sv-racing-parts

:) Perfect, so no more running around and signing forms afer every race round,

That is so much nicer,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair