2013 Season Rule Changes

Dave86

So it's about that time folks.. if there any changes you would like to see happen next year, please post up your rule change proposals, and they can then be discussed / voted on at the AGM (details of which will be posted soon once the venue and date are confirmed).

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
There was a fat man race discussed in another thread. I'm still in favor of that. A hot dog on lap 5 would be nice.

Bump.

Ryno

There was a fat man race discussed in another thread. I'm still in favor of that. A hot dog on lap 5 would be nice.

Bump.

If your going to do a race like that it has to be true to form, like minimum weigh in of 215lbs without leathers lol

Last edited:

Spooner

How about some real ideas?!

Like, letting a Ducati 848 race in the 600 classes. (a la AMA rule book)

~S

Lehbs

I'd be ok with that. Twins to 850cc, triples to 675, and four cylinders to 600. Personally I'd also like to see a second middleweight race. Only one race that those of us on the 600's get to run around on without those liter bikes getting in the way currently.

Ryno

I know it's something that a lot of people do already, but safety wiring of go pros just became mandatory in the AMA rule book, might not be a bad idea to add to our rule book. How many people currently safety wire the go pro's onto their bikes to go through tech?

sand.man

I know it's something that a lot of people do already, but safety wiring of go pros just became mandatory in the AMA rule book, might not be a bad idea to add to our rule book. How many people currently safety wire the go pro's onto their bikes to go through tech?

I use Contours, and they have lanyards!

madmax

I would like to see a flag for traffic about to be lapped to make them aware of the faster riders coming up on them.

sand.man

I would like to see a flag for traffic about to be lapped to make them aware of the faster riders coming up on them.

Just out of curiosity, would this be to encourage the lapped riders to make way for the lapping riders or as a courtesy to the lapped riders so they aren't startled?

Fireman

Not that we are voting but I very much agree with the lapped rider flag. It is a courtesy to the lapped rider to expect a pass from a race leader. It is not to ask the rider to move. Just a courtesy heads up.

DEFBOY35

Not that we are voting but I very much agree with the lapped rider flag. It is a courtesy to the lapped rider to expect a pass from a race leader. It is not to ask the rider to move. Just a courtesy heads up.

basically to let you know to give the leaders just enough room to pass you on the curbing!!! lol

Tanner199

I would like to suggest a second 600cc race, potentially along the lines of 600 superbike race. 675/848s welcome. I would suggest longer, up to 15 laps.

The only thing I would worry about is entries.

If there was a second 600cc race I would choose not to race in either open superbike or expert superbike. I would guess many other riders feel the same.