2013 Season Rule Changes

Miss T

I'm not doing the best job of putting my thoughts on paper here, but bottom line I feel like the proposed change would hurt more than it helps for a couple reasons:

-Unfairly give the advantage to the sportsman bikes (an 03 liter bike would kill it)
-Possibly reduce the overall grid size, racing the slower bikes won't be fun anymore, people may lose interest.
-Take away from the variety our club has!

In addition, it would also eliminate some of the faster sportsman bikes from even competing.

DEFBOY35

then maybe you should race the class

you never know, i do have a bike that is eligible, that is not to say that i would be anywhere near the front based off my comments of lap times, those were based more so off the people that are already there.

seeing as how the svcup looks to be attracting a good amount of buzz and looks to be potential for good grids in that, there is potential for some of those same bikes to be eligible for the lightweight as well id imagine. so hopefully some of that momentum can carry over to that class.
and as ryan pointed out it can hurt the potential growth of a supermoto class, which appears to be gaining some numbers as well

Ryno

It's the Lightweight Sportbike race... pays like the Middleweight 600 Sportbike, and Heavyweight Sportbike. It's just wrong to eliminate it.

Who is paying the contingency though? I was under the understanding that there wasn't anyone offering contingency, other than the SV cup series

sand.man

Who is paying the contingency though? I was under the understanding that there wasn't anyone offering contingency, other than the SV cup series

Michelin used to pay cash, not anymore. The SV thing is the only "payout" now for in-store credit.

Miss T

I think some of my point has been missed here.....

The Lightweight Sportbike is a major race class as the Middleweight 600 Sportbike and the Heavyweight Sportbike classes, only with a smaller grid. It would be a shame to eliminate a major race class like that, and thus limit the kinds of bikes that could competitively race in our club, now and in the future.

Miss T

you never know, i do have a bike that is eligible, that is not to say that i would be anywhere near the front based off my comments of lap times, those were based more so off the people that are already there.

Sorry to say your 07 R6 does not qualify for the Lightweight Sportbike, nor does your R1. However, yes the buzz with everything else may fill the grids of the Lightweight Sportbike class this year.

Fireman

I'm not sure if anyone paid last year, but the year before Michelin paid. It's still a main racing class that should not be eliminated.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here. I was just trying to come up with some ideas to bring competition back to the smaller classes.

Last year in intermediate lightweight there were 3 riders registered for the entire season and only 1 rider who did more than 2 races

In Expert lightweight we had 6 riders enter through the entire season and 4 of those riders were entered for more than half of the rounds.

separately those sound like small classes. However together you have a class that can get contingency.

Chapter 7.1 of our rulebook states:

 Full points are awarded to any class with a minimum of five riders competing. If less than five riders compete in the
class 1/2 points are awarded.

If we get some classes together we can actually award full points every weekend.

If anyone else has any ideas (especially those who are in the classes) Please bring them up. This is a great way to get some ideas flowing before the AGM.

See you guys there

sand.man

I hope you don't feel like anyone is jumping on you Justin, I appreciate your input and efforts! I'm sure everyone knows your intentions are to make improvements, and not take anything away from anyone.

What about just combining intermediate and expert lightweight? No equipment advantage, full grid, more competition.

Miss T

separately those sound like small classes. However together you have a class that can get contingency.

Chapter 7.1 of our rulebook states:

 Full points are awarded to any class with a minimum of five riders competing. If less than five riders compete in the
class 1/2 points are awarded.

If we get some classes together we can actually award full points every weekend.

Thanks Justin, and I will be at the meeting.

We are very competitive in those classes, and therefore would not like to see them eliminated.
Potential "contingency" is completely different than "points awarded", and potential contigency is for particular classes like "Lightweight Sportbike" not "class 103"

I strongly urge the members not to lose the Lightweight Sportbike class for our club.

Ryno

I think some of my point has been missed here.....

The Lightweight Sportbike is a major race class as the Middleweight 600 Sportbike and the Heavyweight Sportbike classes, only with a smaller grid. It would be a shame to eliminate a major race class like that, and thus limit the kinds of bikes that could competitively race in our club, now and in the future.

Okay so it used to be a contingency paying class. What about going to a combined grid like Justin had suggested with the option of going back to a split next season should contingency be reinstated, or more than three or four bikes register continually each round? Just trying to find middle ground

Miss T

What about just combining intermediate and expert lightweight? No equipment advantage, full grid, more competition.

That would not be fair to the class.
Keep in mind that we are already on the grid at the same time, and with the other classes we have a decent grid size. No need to eliminate classes now, that in turn will give us a smaller grid size.

sand.man

That would not be fair to the class.
Keep in mind that we are already on the grid at the same time, and with the other classes we have a decent grid size. No need to eliminate classes now, that in turn will give us a smaller grid size.

It wouldn't be fair to the intermediates, sure, but right now I speak for 100% of the intermediates that show up for all the lightweight races (me). And if we want a class that is eligible for contingency we need the numbers, right now we don't have them. If we ran experts with the intermediates we'd double the grid and collect full points + be more appealing to sponsors.

Can you tell me why you think it wouldn't be fair?

Miss T

It wouldn't be fair to the intermediates, sure, but right now I speak for 100% of the intermediates that show up for all the lightweight races (me). And if we want a class that is eligible for contingency we need the numbers, right now we don't have them. If we ran experts with the intermediates we'd double the grid and collect full points + be more appealing to sponsors.

Can you tell me why you think it wouldn't be fair?

The mix doesn't count in any contingency award, and full or half points don't mean anything without the final standings, in which case you're screwing yourself by the mix.... It's like mixing the other major classes, and combining pro/am 600 and pro/am heavyweight. If we mix one, then we should mix the others to make it fair to all the racers.... That is, if you want fair.
If we lose the Lightweight Sportbike class, I will not be racing the repacement class. Thanks and have a great night!

DEFBOY35

the eligible bike would be for the sportsman not lightweight, falling under the proposed combined grid or just to fill a spot in sportsman. and winter is not over yet, who knows what might end up in the garage before the season.

i do agree that it is valuable to keep classes in a position to accept potential contingencies if they make a come back in the future.

Fireman

I hope you don't feel like anyone is jumping on you Justin, I appreciate your input and efforts! I'm sure everyone knows your intentions are to make improvements, and not take anything away from anyone.

Absolutely a great suggestion. That would help make it a fuller grid for at least the scoring aspect for sure!

And no I don't feel like anyone is jumping on me. I figured a good conversation the day before the AGM would get some butts in the seats :)