2013 Season Rule Changes

MyTTwin

Not so much a rule change but wanted to ask/suggest a ten minute horn for the Int Open SB right after lunch...?

Fireman

Not so much a rule change but wanted to ask/suggest a ten minute horn for the Int Open SB right after lunch...?

That is pretty doable. We would just need to ask the race director to make sure it happens. Bring it up in our forst race meeting in may and I will make sure it happens Scott.

yak

Hi Scott

It's a fair request.

If it doesn't work out 100% I recommend watching for the corner workers being taken back out onto the track.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
I dunno, I'd prefer to keep things simple. 3 blast = 5 minutes, 1 blast = 2 minutes, all day every day. One less thing to get wrong

Dave86

I'll back up Todd on this, having ridden almost every int. open sportbike race in the last few years, the volunteers heading out to the corners is a good indication that it's about 10-15 minutes before it's time to go out on track.

That said, I think it's a reasonable request to have a 10 minute horn as every other race start you can judge by how far through the previous race it is, so it can add a bit of stress trying to figure out how much time is left. If the horn was given when the volunteers were being driven out to the corners, then nobody would have to come back early from lunch to give a warning.

Planepower

I dunno, I'd prefer to keep things simple. 3 blast = 5 minutes, 1 blast = 2 minutes, all day every day. One less thing to get wrong

We do have a PA system, that would work better than the horn. Keep the horn blast(s) for the intended purpose.

DEFBOY35

for the formula 1:05 class, is it only open to people who havent gone 1:05 .0000 or better, or open to anyone that wants to sandbag and try to guage what 1:05 is by just maintaining a lead in front of the "slower" riders?
and if thats the case if you are in the race and break one lap into 1:04 territory to get dq'd, does that eliminate you from future rounds or not until you are consistent 1:04's?

Fireman

for the formula 1:05 class, is it only open to people who havent gone 1:05 .0000 or better, or open to anyone that wants to sandbag and try to guage what 1:05 is by just maintaining a lead in front of the "slower" riders?
and if thats the case if you are in the race and break one lap into 1:04 territory to get dq'd, does that eliminate you from future rounds or not until you are consistent 1:04's?

It is open to anyone. And if you do a lap under a 1:05 you are disqualified from that race, and are eligible for the next round. See you on the grid!!