2014 EMRA R.O.C. and race track volunteers

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
The EMRA 2014 racing season is a little over a month away!!! This year the racing will be taking place at the new Castrol Raceway road course. Since this facility is larger and all new it is going to take an even bigger group of volunteers to put on the same well organized EMRA race weekends. I will be organizing the group of volunteers that form the Race Organizing Committee (ROC) as well as volunteers for corner working and marshaling duties. The ROC group of volunteers is responsible for taking care of the day to day race operations. Without this hard working group of individuals the racing would not be possible. Last year I had a blast working with all the volunteers that came out. Every race weekend was well run, safe and organized. This year the EMRA is making an effort to keep and attract more corner worker volunteers. This is a less involved, slightly more relaxed way to volunteer and help out the club on race weekends. Once again there is NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.

For volunteering you will receive:

-Free admission
-Catered lunch provided by Moo's Juice (http://mooshealthyfoodfast.com/)
-Free EMRA club membership ($40 value) which will get you discounts at most bike shops around town.
-Free year end banquet ticket for those working more than 3 full weekends.
-One Motorcycle Track Attack evening session if you work two full days. ($150 value, more info at http://www.castrolraceway.com/index.php?mo=pages&p_id=140) or a gift certificate from a local motorcycle dealership for one day worked (approximate value $40).

The positions I will be looking to fill are:
• RACE DIRECTOR
• CLERK OF THE COURSE
• REFEREE
• STARTER
• CHIEF COURSE MARSHAL
• PRE-GRID GRID MARSHAL
• CHIEF TECHNICAL INSPECTOR
• CHIEF REGISTRAR
• CHIEF SCORER
• CORNER MARSHALS

Of course as in years past, returning ROC members will have first dibs on their positions.

This is a great way to come out to the new track and watch the best motorcycle racing in western Canada from the best seats in the house.

A more detailed description of the ROC positions can be found on page 17 of the 2013 EMRA rule book, which can be down loaded here...

http://emra.ca/index.php?pageid=forms

More information and directions to Castrol Raceway can be found at:

http://www.castrolraceway.com/

Please post here or PM me if you are interested and can help out on the race dates or have any questions.

Debbie

Hi, I am new to both Edmonton and EMRA.
I am wanting to get involved with EMRA and bring my marshalling experience to the club.
Racing at a new track will be very exciting and have a new set of challenges.
Much like when WMRC raced at Mission for the first time.
If any of you have fallen down at Turn 1 at Mission, we may have already met. Lol.
See you on the 28th.

Fireman

Hi, I am new to both Edmonton and EMRA.
I am wanting to get involved with EMRA and bring my marshalling experience to the club.
Racing at a new track will be very exciting and have a new set of challenges.
Much like when WMRC raced at Mission for the first time.
If any of you have fallen down at Turn 1 at Mission, we may have already met. Lol.
See you on the 28th.

It would be fantastic to have your help and your insight Debbie. Jon will get ahold of you and get you on board.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
If any of you have fallen down at Turn 1 at Mission, we may have already met.

Sorry I've only crashed in turn 3... and 4... and 6. Slowly making my way through the corners on that track. Looking forward to seeing you out at Castrol Raceway!

Still looking for more volunteers, new track and a big double header weekend to start everything off, the club can use all the help it can get! If you have some free time and want to check out the racing up close and personal let me know I can set that up for you.

Debbie

HI, I'm trying to use the "contact us", as Justin wanted some feedback. I can't get this feature to work, it keeps trying to make me set up and account, then rejecting it. I don't know which screen name is which, who is Justin. on this forum? I can PM him.
Sorry for highjacking this thread.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
If you guys know anyone that would like to come out and volunteer send them my way, definitely looking for some more help for this round.

solankiami

Volunteer for the Race Day

Hi Jon

I have done few track-days at the castrol raceway, and I am interested in volunteering for the race day, I know the rules and regulation as per required race and have taken race school at On Track Performance, but I am still not there yet to race and by working as Marshall or at any other spot it will be a great learning by seeing experience.
My contact number is 4388219143, please let me know.

Regards
Amit