2015 EMRA Call for race day volunteers

fast316

EMRA Executive Member

The EMRA 2015 racing season is a little over three weeks away!!! I will be organizing the group of volunteers that form the Race Organizing Committee (ROC) as well as volunteers for corner working and marshaling duties. The ROC group of volunteers is responsible for taking care of the day to day race operations. Without this hard working group of individuals the racing would not be possible. Last year I had a blast working with all the volunteers that came out. Every race weekend was well run, safe and organized. This year the EMRA is making an effort to keep and attract more corner worker volunteers. This is a less involved, slightly more relaxed way to volunteer and help out the club on race weekends. Once again there is NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.

July 10-12 the EMRA, Castrol Raceway and CSBK will be working closely together to host Rounds 3 and 4 of the 2015 Canadian Superbike Championship. The EMRA has been put in charge with providing the corner workers necessary for the event. If you would like to help out and volunteer that weekend it is required that you have previous motorcycle race volunteer experience at Castrol raceway. This experiance can be gained by volunteering for at least two EMRA race events.

For volunteering at an EMRA event you will receive:

-Free admission
-Free healthy lunch
-Free EMRA club membership ($40 value) which will get you discounts at most bike shops around town.
-Free year end banquet ticket for those working more than 3 full weekends.
-One Motorcycle Track Attack evening session if you work two full days. ($150 value, more info at http://www.castrolraceway.com/index....pages&p_id=140) or a gift certificate from a local motorcycle dealership for one day worked (approximate value $40).

Positions the EMRA will be looking to fill are:

• CLERK OF THE COURSE
• REFEREE
• STARTER
• CHIEF COURSE MARSHAL
• PRE-GRID GRID MARSHAL
• CHIEF TECHNICAL INSPECTOR
• CHIEF REGISTRAR
• CORNER MARSHALS

Of course as in years past, returning ROC members will have first dibs on their positions.

This is a great way to come out to the new track and watch the best motorcycle racing in western Canada from the best seats in the house.

A more detailed description of the ROC positions can be found on page 17 of the 2015 EMRA rule book, which can be down loaded here...

http://emra.ca/index.php?pageid=forms

More information and directions to Castrol Raceway can be found at:

http://www.castrolraceway.com/

Please post here, PM, or email me at [email protected] if you are interested and can help out on the race dates or have any questions.

Last edited:

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Those year end banquet tickets are also a $50 value, this is an awesome deal for anyone who wants to come check it out. I would do this for free!... If I wasn't out there dragging knee haha ;)

Debbie

July will be a very big month for marshalling.
EMRA rounds 3 and 4 July 3.4.5 and CSBK the weekend after.

We are going to be moving the marshal meetings up a little to allow more time to get the stations ready. IE: putting up tents and staking them down, sweeping the track, etc.

Marshal meetings will be at 8 am. This is before the riders meeting.

Hope to have a great turnout, many hands make work easier. And, in the case of motorcycle racing, safer.

Thank-you, see you at the track

electrobiker86

Hey Fast
I am interested in helping out in 2016, if your organizing volunteers again this year. I have first aid, former fire fighter and trades background, let me know if I can be of assistance.
David

blitzgt3

June 18 and 19

I had a blast being out on the track last weekend, I'll definitely be there for June 18 and 19!! I was flagging for corner 12, would love to do something similar again!

Last edited:

DEFBOY35

I had a blast being out on the track last weekend, I'll definitely be there for June 18 and 19!! I was flagging for corner 12, would love to do something similar again!

Thank you for coming out!! To you and all of the volunteers we truly appreciate it. We couldn't race without you!!!

411ninja

Thank you so much for coming out! I'll be sending out a call for volunteers closer to round 2. We couldn't do it without our volunteers.