2016 AMB/Mylaps transponder mandatory

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Next season the EMRA will be using a new timing system that is the latest and greatest from AMB/Mylaps. This change is necessary as our old system has become obsolete. The new system is the standard timing system used all over tracks across north America. It will provide us all with benefits like improved accuracy and reliability. It will also let us view our timing with a couple different cell phone apps.

The EMRA is currently working on a transponder rental system to provide to EMRA members on a per round basis. It is strongly encouraged that you provide your own AMB/Mylaps transponder as this will ease registration, allow you to maintain your own transponder equipment and allow you to take your transponder with you to any track you go to.

Here are a couple links to the transponder system. Just FYI AMA provides members with a discount on AMB/Mylaps products.

http://www.mylaps.com/en/products/x2-transponder-bike/1623

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com...aving_benefits_from_MYLAPS_Sports_Timing.aspx

OPTIONS

1- get in on EMRA group buy for X2 transponders. Save cash.
2- buy one at full price.
3- find older used or new unit.
4- rental unit (pricing and quantity currently in the works)
5- use the one you might already own.

Last edited by a moderator:

adamb

Just wondering if it's required to purchase one of the subscription transponders from the link you provided. Or if we are able to use the last generation style transponder that doesn't operate on a subscription, such as the AMD 260 transponder. Or is there a disadvantage to using the older style.

Thanks!

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Just wondering if it's required to purchase one of the subscription transponders from the link you provided. Or if we are able to use the last generation style transponder that doesn't operate on a subscription, such as the AMD 260 transponder. Or is there a disadvantage to using the older style.

Thanks!

That transponder should work with our system.

Cinder

information

Do we need to purchase the subscription or just the hardware is ok ?
and if we purchase what is the promotion code for the AMA discount ?
Dom

Last edited:

adamb

Does anyone know the dollar amount the AMA membership saves you?

20%, I'm currently talking to mylaps because their cart is broken and doesn't allow coupon codes.

I'll post back here once I hear some more news about this.

DMesher

As I said in another thread, if we are moving to the AMB transponders for timing, and EMRA is buying a BUNCH to rent, we should look into a group purchase buy (for those that want to own a unit) piggy-backed on top of the EMRA quantity purchase for the rental pool. There would almost certainly be a volume discount if we buy as a group.

Darel

DEFBOY35

To th best of my knowledge Daryl the Emra rental pool is trough a deal that was worked out with CSBK for their transponders.
So there is no current "buy" going through mylaps at the moment.
But I agree a group buy would be potentially beneficial for those wanting to purchase

yak

Please check out the thread under the group buys for another important discussion regarding transponders.