2019 Race day Daily Schedule

Matt Stokes

What is the rationale for having a full day of practice on Saturday, versus having some racing on Saturday. We're here to race aren't we? I'm sure there is a good reason for this, but I haven't been with this club long enough to know the answer. I believe that most other clubs do half a day of practice on Saturday, then get down to racing for the rest of the weekend.

Matt

electrobiker86

Good question, from what I have seen some clubs race Saturday, some do not. Pros and Cons to each way I suppose and would depend on each racer for preference. For me, I have one bike I am still fine tuning and need all the practice sessions I can get on it, so I appreciate practice days. Thankfully I do have a ready to race bike as well, so two race days would be cool too. I would agree with you on racing both days, if we had separate test and tune weekends. Typically rule change discussions take place at the end of the season at the AGM.

blam

Administrator
This has been brought up a number of times and boils down to it being much harder to organize volunteers for both days, including scott the racing director. practice days we can get away with a few less volunteers. we usually struggle to get enough volunteers on a sunday.
What is the rationale for having a full day of practice on Saturday, versus having some racing on Saturday. We're here to race aren't we? I'm sure there is a good reason for this, but I haven't been with this club long enough to know the answer. I believe that most other clubs do half a day of practice on Saturday, then get down to racing for the rest of the weekend.

Matt