2019 Rule Change Discussion

Discussion in 'Rules and Regulations' started by Scotia, Jan 6, 2018.

1. blam

blam EMRA Executive Member

Brian Lam
    yes. but as you said, you wont be able to vote is all.

2. toybm

toybm Member

Jeremy
    I agree with Dom on changing the Novice 4 race promotion scheme.

I would also like to comment on Castrol track management, but as was suggested this may not be the thread. However, we're customers of Castrol and no action by them, especially relating to track safety, is plainly not acceptable.

3. They call me Komo

They call me Komo New Member

Jason K
    I say that you should black flag somebody who is running without a working transponder too. No?

4. SetUpSixRR

SetUpSixRR EMRA Executive Member

If you want to race novice all year you're welcome to do that, but we will pressure you to move up if you are ready... and if we didn't, the quicker and comfortable novice guys/gals would be pressuring us to bump them up anyways... mostly because once you're out there you always want more track time. Packing all your bike/gear up to go for a weekend at the track and only do your two novice races while intermediates are doing 4-6... where's the fun in that? In fact i know many people would START in intermediate if we let them. Novice is the necessary stepping stone to keep them safe and prevent overzealous excited new riders with a lack of skill (but all the confidence) from going out there and crashing their faces off trying to keep up to the quicker people ahead. Speaking from experience, i chucked my shit trying to keep up with Knapik my first year. Whoopsie.

We don't force ANYONE to move up.

5. Nick_C

Nick_C New Member

Nick Cressman
    It's difficult to identify, confirm, and relay those situations properly from timing to race control, and on to corner 9 (where most black flags happen, because it's the most visible place for them). It takes 2 laps just to confirm the number of the bike with the non-functional transponder, by identifying the other bikes it's running with, and using the process of elimination.

We do try to make this all happen as quickly and smoothly as possible, but it has its challenges.

6. DEFBOY35

DEFBOY35 EMRA Executive Member

Shane C Fraser
    The rules already state if the transponder isn't working that you are dq'd.

7. blam

blam EMRA Executive Member

Brian Lam
    i had to move some posts from the 2018 thread. that thread will be locked for simplicity.

DEFBOY35 likes this.
  8. electrobiker86

electrobiker86 Active Member

David
    I think Tosh demonstrated that Motard can fit in FT, ( I think that is the race where I barely stayed ahead of him) though when I first noted him catching me in 10, I thought someone on a dirt bike made their way onto the track... There is no adding race classes to the existing full schedule, that I can see working anyway; best we can do without deleting a class is subdividing or joining the existing classes.

9. electrobiker86

electrobiker86 Active Member

David
    Not sure why exactly, but corner 9 and tower are the only ones with the black flags... You are correct though, it is not easy to determine a specific non transponder bike, someone has to be carefully watching the line as all bikes pass by.