Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stock Euro

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Repsol

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

racer51

Have members purchased any of the aftermarket plastics off eBay? Is any one vendor better than another?

If you were replacing the plastic on your bike, would you go stock colors or not?

repsol-plastic2.jpg

repsol-plastic.jpg

stock-euro-plastic.jpg

stock-plastic.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/edmontonmotorcycle/stock-euro-plastic.jpghttp://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/edmontonmotorcycle/repsol-plastic.jpg

Fireman

I always liked the euro colors on the RC myself. Don't know about what the best manufacturer is though.

jetfixer15

Hey Rick:

I bought the aftermarket bodywork for my RC51 on eBay from a Hong Kong company (can't remember the name). There are lots of eBay vendors that sell the stuff (just check their feedback rating and comments). It is ABS plastic, just like OEM, but the colours are not an exact match (the red on the bodywork is slightly different from the red on the OEM gas tank, but the silver and black are a match). The paint quality was good and they clearcoat over all the decals which makes cleaning your bodywork easier. I read that the eBay vendor "auctmarts" makes the best inexpensive replacement bodywork.If you are going to paint your tank then you can go for any paint scheme but if your tank is still has the OEM paint scheme then I would just get the original pattern bodywork (that's why I did). You will most likely have to enlarge some of the mounting holes and it will be a little more difficult to mount than the OEM stuff as the fit will not be as precise. If you want to see some pictures of the stuff I bought on my RC51 just let me know.

racer51

Aftermarket plastic

Thanks Aaron. That's very helpful information. The Auctmart stuff does look superior and is not much more expensive.

I need to either find a new OEM painted tank or find someone who could paint it "replica OEM". It's got some bondo on it and this needs to be redone as well. I'm inclined to source a new tank.

I'm leaning towards the Repsol scheme and would have the wheels powder coated orange. I'm thinking I could get away with a solid orange tank and painted Honda "wings" and logo, if I go that route.

Where did you source all the stock fasteners?

Repsol-RC51.jpg

Repsol-RC51-2.jpg

Last edited:

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
I bought some for my street bike from motofans on ebay, fitment was pretty good considering the bike is an 03 and the fairings are 05. My lowers melted near the exhaust even tho i put heat tape on them and wrapped the exhaust. I got some OEM for cheap and had them painted, no big deal. I didn't have to use my oval drill bit on any of the holes they drilled, everything lined up.

P5031335.jpg

jetfixer15

Rick: I just got the fastners from Ron Ayers (or Bike Bandit) when I ordered a whole pile of OEM stuff for my RC51 and CBR600F4 last year.

racer51

Fasteners

Did you go through the schematic and pick out each fastener or did they have a package?

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
I got some plastics for my street bike from BLISS-STAR on ebay. The reason why I chose them is because I read an article about thier quality in a motorcycle magazine. I wasn't disappointed. Everything fit just as good as OEM. Clear coat was god, the paint wasn't the very best but you would only find a few flaws if you were looking specifically for them.
Neil
And yes the paint color looks like baby s*** in the pic, but in person eveyone loves this bike.

Attachments

• SDC10020.jpg
    SDC10020.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 9

Snakes709

I got my fairings for my 08 ZX6R from auctmarts. Took abit of time to get here but it only costs $500 and amazing quality. Abit of fitment issues, just like any aftermarket fairings but none that required major moding.

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg