AGM Reminder

ian

Just a reminder that our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is coming up next week, if there is anything you’d like to see changed with the EMRA now is the time to speak up. Either post up your ideas and/or rule changes here, or you can email them to me at [email protected] We will be voting on any rule changes proposed at the AGM, so this is your last opportunity to have something changed for 2011.

If you would like to help out the club by volunteering as an Executive member of the EMRA, we will be holding elections at the AGM for the 2011 Executive.

We will also be voting on our 2011 EMRA poster contest where the winner collects $500. Entries can be made to me at the above email address.

If none of that gets you to attend we’ll also have some free food on hand, unfortunately the hotel doesn’t approve of indoor barbeques so it won’t be Dave’s famous hot dogs, instead we’ll have a selection of the hotels finest Pizza’s.

I hope to see you there.
Ian

ronin26

Can I suggest an email notification of rule changes to club members that supply they're email address to you Ian? This would give some people who don't frequent the forum a chance to chime in on changes.

Are you going to post or email the proposed rule changes before voting is finalized so all club members have a voice? It's difficult for all members to make these meetings.

The exec did this two years ago I think?

ian

Can I suggest an email notification of rule changes to club members that supply they're email address to you Ian? This would give some people who don't frequent the forum a chance to chime in on changes.

Are you going to post or email the proposed rule changes before voting is finalized so all club members have a voice? It's difficult for all members to make these meetings.

The exec did this two years ago I think?

We did do the email voting a couple of years ago but I think it was because the venue that we were holding the meeting at failed to tell us they were renovating so we didn't have a meeting place.

We probably would get more votes through emailing, so I'll see if I can get a mailing list from our online race registration system and send out a mass email with any rule proposed rule changes (there aren't any so far...) and a cut off date for voting. The downside to doing the voting though email as opposed to the AGM is that people don't get to hear the pro's and con's of any suggestions made.

If I do receive any rule change submissions before the December 1 cut-off I will post them on the forum so the members can review and discuss them.