Bike Prep for EMRA Race School

Michelin Man

Good day all...

Dave Sushynski (Head Instructor) here. I wanted to clarify the rules for preparing your machine for use in the 2011 EMRA Race School. We require that you prepare your motorcycle as though you are attending a track day at Stratotech. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DRAIN THE COOLANT, sorry for any confusion regarding this. Be carefull not to freeze it up. It is still may and can get cold overnight. Anyone who wishes to prepare the bike further is welcome to and encouraged to do so. At a minimum you need to tape the lights, signals & mirrors, (unplug fuse for light is a good idea), tape any glass, inspect the motorcycle and ensure all caps are tight, (wiring is reccomemded and taping is a good alternative), Wire kickstand, ensure the body work is securly attached and that tires are in good shape. (Must be above wear bars - NO CORDS SHOWING).

You also need to have full leathers (one piece or two piece zip together), Boots, Full gloves that cover past your wrists, Helmet. It is a good idea to have medical info in you leathers as well in the event of a an accident. Make sure there are no holes and that everything is in good shape. In the past SOME textiles have been allowed but it is up to the discretion of us whether or not we allow it. TO BE SAFE GET LEATHERS. You can rent from the track..

If you still have questions please call me.

Dave
403-396-1443

Last edited:

Dave86

The green painters tape is the least likely to leave residue on the lights of a street bike.

YZF1000jon

Electric tape works too but takes forever. If you pull the fuse or unplug the headlight most any tape works well, if you don't, the tape can get baked onto the headlight.

Michelin Man

yup green painters tape is good. It's good to do because you end up checking every part of the motorcycle and might catch something..

Zod

Hi all,

Can you tell me what you guys rent for gear and $ing on it?

I am planning on going for the 13, 14, & 15th. just trying to figure out what I need for a budget< course is 500-ish hotel 400-ish exc.. exc..
Also can you pay debit when you arrive or do you need to pay visa credit card before hand?

Thanks!

sand.man

Hi all,

Can you tell me what you guys rent for gear and $ing on it?

I am planning on going for the 13, 14, & 15th. just trying to figure out what I need for a budget< course is 500-ish hotel 400-ish exc.. exc..
Also can you pay debit when you arrive or do you need to pay visa credit card before hand?

Thanks!

Have you already registered and secured your seat in the course? It's full now as far as I know.

I think gear rental is through Dan, the owner of Stratotech.

Zod

No I have not registered yet, are you sure it's full?
I've been calling the phone number on the website but no one has answered any calls.

sand.man

The level 1 is full for sure, the level 2 might have a seat left... Race school is always pre-booked way in advance and it fills up fast.

From here you will have to contact an EMRA official such as Ian Wall, Todd Y, Dave S or Justin Knapik.

They are all here on the forum, usernames in the same order are: 911, Yak, Michelin Man and Fireman.

Good luck!

MyTTwin

I've been calling the phone number on the website but no one has answered any calls.

Last I heard there was one level 1 spot and two level 2 spots left, but that was over a week ago... Someone else will chime in to confirm shortly.

MyTTwin

For his sake hopefully soon, Friday is just around the corner!

Sure is and the weather should be a great change from the previous couple years :)
Zod, there is a spot for you in level 1 & 2, just go to "fees and payments" under "club information" and get registered ASAP.
See you out there.

yak

Hi

We have had Level 1 full at least twice, but there have also been a couple of cancellations. Please use the paypal payment options on the club website to reserve your spot ASAP.

Regards,

Todd

Fireman

Correct me if im wrong, but Level 2 can only be attended upon completion of level 1.

Level 2 is for those riders who have taken a level 1 class in the past and for returning racers who are looking for a tune up.

We will be doing advanced braking drills, bike setup talks, Passing drills, Race starts, and a mock race.

sand.man

Level 2 is for those riders who have taken a level 1 class in the past and for returning racers who are looking for a tune up.

We will be doing advanced braking drills, bike setup talks, Passing drills, Race starts, and a mock race.

Sweet. Glad I spent the extra, bring on the weekend!