Boxed Lunches For Pickup On Race Weekend - POLL

Would you pay $13-14 for an individually boxed lunch, available for pickup at the track?

• Total voters

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Hello EMRA fam,

As a precaution for COVID issues we are looking at providing some key staff with individually boxed lunches from Acapella Catering, to make this worth-while we need more numbers. If the racers wanted to show up and pickup their lunch for the day we could add this as an option during the registration process and it would help increase the numbers to make it more feasible. These would be prepared the morning of each day and delivered to the track, where we will distribute them safely.

Would you be willing to pay $13-14 for one of these boxed lunches?

It would be a dropdown menu when you register such as "Do you want lunch?" with options like "Friday/Saturday/Sunday" or "Saturday only" or "sunday only" etc so you just pick that and then we figure out the rest. Each meal will probably be $13 or 14 it is yet to be determined, $14 MAX though for sure. Higher volumes might even get us a better price.

I received a sample of their boxed lunch and was really impressed. The food was fresh, healthy and delicious. I didn't have a sluggish feeling after like some meals i actually felt great. I would probably buy this a few times a week for myself at work if it was available. I'm 100% getting on board with this option if it goes through. Also they can probably offer a modified lunch, with maybe a different type of sandwich etc but we can worry about details later... this is to gauge interest. And for the record, i was very full after all of this and saved the cookies for later. Check out the pictures, this is how it would be delivered to us at the track with you name on it so nothing gets mixed up.

Attachments

• IMG_5734.jpg
    IMG_5734.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5735.jpg
    IMG_5735.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5736.jpg
    IMG_5736.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5739.jpg
    IMG_5739.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5741.jpg
    IMG_5741.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5740.jpg
    IMG_5740.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5737.jpg
    IMG_5737.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 27

Matt Stokes

Thanks for exploring this idea Brian. This will be another good way to improve the Club's covid-19 safety procedures so we aren't running around to restaurants and sharing food prep between pit areas.

Nevets

EMRA Executive Member
You want to compensate "key staff" with food from a particular catering company vs. Subway, that the club has used for decades?

The EMRA provides lunch for all the volunteers who come out and make racing possible. We always have. And yes, this includes feeding the members of the executive (though many don't take advantage, and we are the first to go hungry if we ever run short on food).

We can't use our usual order of Subway because of the social distancing requirements that are currently in place. We had to look at companies that could provide us with individually packed lunches. Brian put in the leg work to find a company that could meet that requirement.

Brian is only asking who would like purchase a lunch, since we have to place an order for the volunteers anyway. If you don't want it, you don't have to buy it. It is not mandatory.