Call for member input

yak

Hi Everyone

As most people know the club has held returning racer's numbers until Round 1 of the next season. I am considering proposing a change to this practice and would like to get member feedback.

The idea would be to set a date early in the calendar year, say January 15th as the membership renewal date for holding a race number. In the first year I would suggest we send out email reminders to people and have a small grace period. I also would expect people not to poach other member's numbers.

The motivation for this change is to help with the budgeting process; specifically the setting of race fees. That is, this process would give us an earlier gauge on the potential participation level, which could then be factored into the planning for the revenue vs cost in the new year.

Thoughts and comments welcomed.

Regards,

Todd

blam

Administrator
The motivation for this change is to help with the budgeting process; specifically the setting of race fees. That is, this process would give us an earlier gauge on the potential participation level, which could then be factored into the planning for the revenue vs cost in the new year.

i think the date should be set to after the race school sells out (late jan?)

I also would expect people not to poach other member's numbers.

what time period is considered "poaching" and when is a number considered to be a person's number? some are very obvious, but some are not.

i will even admit, I have no idea what the racer history is on my new number (red 8) and very well could have poached it unknowingly.

DEFBOY35

Is the proposal that the membership/race license fees be paid in order to "re-up" your number for the year and after say Jan 30th any number not attached to a paid license becomes fair game?
I agree with the reasoning being that it will give a clearer picture on participation for the season for planning fees etc.

Brian. Not to worry. Red 8 was darel meshes intermediate number before moving to expert and claiming black 5 for 2016. So take the number and run with it!!!!!

yak

Is the proposal that the membership/race license fees be paid in order to "re-up" your number for the year and after say Jan 30th any number not attached to a paid license becomes fair game?

Basically yes.

yak

what time period is considered "poaching" and when is a number considered to be a person's number? some are very obvious, but some are not.

I threw the poaching comment in because in the first year of a change some people might miss the changed practice. That being said for this to be a helpful exercise there would have to be a deadline. I'd roughly call poaching an act of scooping a someone elses number a few days after the deadline.

Thanks for the feed back.

Last edited:

Jason Henton

So would this mean that a riders number would be held if they paid their yearly dues? I like the idea of linking the two, renew your membership and keep your number..

yak

So would this mean that a riders number would be held if they paid their yearly dues? I like the idea of linking the two, renew your membership and keep your number..

Yes, although that has been the case up until now too.