Castrol Raceway Updates

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Hey guys to keep things simple, I've started this new thread. For those unaware, Castrol has committed to making some changes to the track to improve safety wherever possible. It's a situation that DOES require some compromise as what works best for the motorcycle club might not work best for the car club, or might not appeal the insurance company's expectations... so please bare with us and support us while we do the best we can to work with Castrol management to improve the track and make 2019 the best year yet.

Latest update as of Friday April 5th:
- The drainage pond in the infield between T4 and T1/T2 is frozen solid so the new lake which has developed behind T1 is not draining into anywhere, and not drying up quickly. To avoid missing the short window where the ground is still frozen and they can move those 10,000lb blocks Castrol has dug a hole and stuck a big pump in the unplanned lake behind T1 to pump the water away. In the next day or two it should be dried up and they might be able to start moving the jersey barriers.
- There will be proper chainlink fence along the front straight and through T1 which will start about 1/3rd of the way down the front straight, this is for insurance reasons and has to be here. If people were standing in the hot pits and a car lost a wheel the fence will be there to catch it and protect those bystanders. Castrol has agreed to start the fence further down than originally planned to give us bike racers an extra several hundred feet to get our bikes straight up and down and properly under control before there will be a catch fence alongside. They are also building a good chunk of the fence using 1/2 as many poles, by removing every second post.
- Behind the wall in T3 the ground has been cleaned up so when their equipment can drive on the area they won't have to deal with clearing brush etc.
- The infield tall grass inside of T3 has been cut with machinery, it was taller than the walls there and its a swamp so the only time to 'mow' the grass was during this thaw period and its now done. This is more an aesthetics thing.
- The concrete cubes on the outside of T4 way out near the water have been moved and should be replaced soon with a small fence and hay-bales. This fence likely won't be concreted into the ground, just staked. The idea is to tie up a car if it tried to drive off into the water.

ATTN HELPING HANDS....
We are getting over 400 hay bales, and bags soon. Castrol said they could use a hand just stuffing bales into bags. We also might need help (wheel barrows and/or shovels etc) moving some crash gravel from outside of T6 to the chicane and T1 areas. When the time comes, i'll be posting up on the forum looking for volunteers to come out, eat free pizza, drink beer and give a hand while we chat about race bikes and make fun of Yamahas. Stay tuned and hopefully we can get some help out there.

I will use this thread solely for updates to keep the spread of information accurate and consolidated to one spot. Anyone with questions is welcome to call me 7 8 0 - 2 5 7 - 9 3 8 8

-Brian W
V to the P

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Great to see so much progress! I would like to add the platform design we have made for turn 9 has been approved. Construction and installation will take place ASAP.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Please check the EMRA facebook page, i'm pretty busy right now but the wall in turn 1 has been moved which was another thing we were hoping to get done. Yay progress!

blam

Administrator
210937d1487961310-very-concerning-road-noice-img_0952.jpg