Castrol track modifications/photos

blitzgt3

Great news, i talked to Rob R from Castrol and we are going out there this weekend to help them move the rock crush and replace with crash gravel from T6. We are also installing the conveyor belt on the tire wall in T1, bagging bales of hay and then painting/repainting some curbing. Should be a good productive day... lets pray for good weather.

Do you need any extra hands out there this weekend? I'm free and would love to help out if I can.

Jefferson

EMRA Executive Member
Do you need any extra hands out there this weekend? I'm free and would love to help out if I can.

There will be a post going up shorty for help on the EMRA Facebook page, keep eyes peeled! More the merrier, there's a lot to do.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Perhaps an idea seeing as Castrol are in agreement on the turn 1 gravel trap, could we use some of that crushed asphalt in the area past the bustop? Part of the reason it had worried me in turn 1 was that it may pack in and not actually slow bikes all that well. That would be a good thing at the bus stop helping to stop rocks / dirt / grass from getting kicked up on accidental hops over the curbing?

I THINK we discussed this two years ago, but the concensus was that if we had gravel there and someone DID hit it by accident it would launch gravel into the track and make things worse than light dirt/grass.

DEFBOY35

I THINK we discussed this two years ago, but the concensus was that if we had gravel there and someone DID hit it by accident it would launch gravel into the track and make things worse than light dirt/grass.
Fair enough. That's why I'm thinking that crush. I think it would pack in and not kick up so easy. I guess it would be easier to tell once out there and check it out