Ece rating

Logan

Hey guys, I have a helmet Ls2 vector /citation. On fort nine is says the helmet is ece rated but I can't find anything on the helmet? Maybe I'm looking on the wrong spot, just want to make sure I pass tech on Saturday/ Sunday.

Ignore the 160 dollar price tag I paid 300 for it new its just now on clearance.

Screenshot_20190527-185515.png

2quickrides

EMRA Executive Member
Yup. Read that thread. Lol.
You should be able to find an example image on google (ece 22-05) that’ll show you what we’ll be looking for on the tag if it’s not clear. Just to confirm yourself ahead of time.

jlitz

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe "internal drop down sun shields" are prohibited from racing.

I have also had issues with fortnine correctly listing helmet details. Example from last year, was an hjc helmet I was going to buy on clearance that said it was snell 2015, it was a 2013 color scheme.... Well low and behold when I visited a local shop it was confirmed to me that it was not going to meet requirements as it was snell 2010 and manufactured in 2012.

On the note of helmets and prices.... I own cost effective helmets. 2 of them. Because you can literally just drop it and have it skid along the pavement and it will likely not pass tech. Or have a silly little wipe out where your head hits the ground and your weekends possibly over without a spare.

Logan

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe "internal drop down sun shields" are prohibited from racing.

I have also had issues with fortnine correctly listing helmet details. Example from last year, was an hjc helmet I was going to buy on clearance that said it was snell 2015, it was a 2013 color scheme.... Well low and behold when I visited a local shop it was confirmed to me that it was not going to meet requirements as it was snell 2010 and manufactured in 2012.

On the note of helmets and prices.... I own cost effective helmets. 2 of them. Because you can literally just drop it and have it skid along the pavement and it will likely not pass tech. Or have a silly little wipe out where your head hits the ground and your weekends possibly over without a spare.

Sun shield is removable and is removed on my helmet.

2quickrides

EMRA Executive Member

I have also had issues with fortnine correctly listing helmet details.

While not specifically prohibited, until recently helmets with drop down internal visors had not passed Snell or ECE ratings. There are now a couple that are certified, but anything close to your face is a bad idea in a crash.

This. Always go to the manufacturers sites to confirm certifications. Retail sites are often wrong and sell old helmets for a discount.

Things tech will check your helmet for:
-good condition, no sign of impact marks or deep scratches.
-a snell or ece label or tag
-manufactured date less than 5 years ago, to the month.

Jason Henton

Hey guys, I have a helmet Ls2 vector /citation. On fort nine is says the helmet is ece rated but I can't find anything on the helmet? Maybe I'm looking on the wrong spot, just want to make sure I pass tech on Saturday/ Sunday.

Ignore the 160 dollar price tag I paid 300 for it new its just now on clearance.

View attachment 2081
Ece sticker should be located inside the liner, usually somewhere above where your ear sits.