EMRA 200 (let's do it!)

sand.man

Hey guys and gals, I'm looking for a team / team mate for the EMRA 200!

I'd really like to take a run at it, but my bike would not likely make 200 laps without stopping for a new crank and piston 60 laps in.

If any of you are thinking about doing it but can't find a team, let me know, I'm all in.

I competed in two back to back endurance races down in Calgary last year at the Varsity Speed Park which is a kart track similar to Stratotech maybe slightly smaller.

One was a two hour Supermoto event, the following was a 3 hour mini-bike race. Rob Ross and I finished first in the 2-hour Supermoto race despite me having a big crash jumping over a fallen bike and breaking a couple ribs on the first lap, and fourth in the 3-hour after a flat tire and stealing a parked bike from the pits to finish up!

Benefits from having me on the team:

- I'll buy the tires (Pirelli Red Stripe)
- I'll pay the $200 team entry fee
- I'm a great pit mechanic
- I found speed late in this season, lowering my average lap time for a team advantage.
- I promise not to suck
- I'm very good looking (and humble)

Oh, and I give pretty good victory hugs:
291724_10150883865145565_226204504_n.jpg

Ryno

whos says the EMRA is goat path racing, ryan is trying to buy a ride like in motoGP lol... Just kidding, if I thought my bike could handle 200 laps, i'd sign you up

sand.man

The race is won or lost in fuel timing, rider changes, NOT crashing and preparation.

If we could average 1:05 we'd have a good chance.

YZF1000jon

Actually with this years calculation of starting order and head starts, the pit stops are where the time can be made. The starts are calc'd based on an average of the fastest and slowest riders on the team, and as long as you're consistent you have a chance. Last year it was based on fastest rider on the team only and we were at 195 laps at the end. Steve and I managed about 1/2 hour at a time, but big Dave only managed 15 minutes most of the time. We had a quick fill fuel can that allowed us to pit after and leave before our neighbouring team. One liter per second fuelling VS a normal fuel can adds up to a lap or two by the end of the race. We were the slowest, but we were far from last.

sand.man

Oops, forgot to update this... I found a team!

Thanks for the offer, I strongly recommend you find a teammate and do the race! Splitting the fees 2 or 3 ways makes it cheap and tons of fun!