EMRA 2011 rule change

ian

We have conducted an email vote of those racers that have used our online registration system in 2010 on whether to allow "quick shifters" in all EMRA racing classes. The deadline for voting was December 31, 2010. The votes have been counted and the rule change has passed, so "quick shifters" will be allowed in ALL classes at EMRA events in 2011. Thank you to all those that voted.

Ian

cyclecrazy

Awesome, that makes the bike I purchased completely legal for the 2011 Season! Now all I need is to learn to ride it!

vcms72

Whats next??

Personally i think this is ridiculous first that slicks were allowed in all classes and now quick shifters in all classes, what next??

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Personally i think this is ridiculous first that slicks were allowed in all classes and now quick shifters in all classes, what next??

I agree with it being unusual for slicks to be run in SS classes, but its hard to argue quick shifters now that bikes are coming stock with them (BMW, Aprilia...), not to mention there are plenty of people out there that still run them even though they arn't allowed. Just my 2cents

Planepower

What's next??
Well there's traction control, ABS, electronic engine mapping switches, and the list can go on...
It's all a matter of wallet size. I agree it takes away from 'club' level racing, but either allow it or clamp down on those that 'cheat'. I personally don't think enforcement will make things easier. We may as well ammend the rules to allow what's already happening.

ronin26

The only area I can see that this isn't "fair' is in multi style bike classes, ie. lightweight where sumo's (which cannot run a quick shifter due to no linkage) race against bikes that can run quick shifters.

Meh not really a huge deal but the only spot I can see an advantage for one type of bike over another.

You still need to go fast to win! It's just another obstacle for the dirt rides to overcome...like horse power...

YZF1000jon

Part of the problem with not allowing some of those things, ABS, quick shifters, traction control, and electronic map switches, is they come factory on some bikes now, so we would have to ban those particular bikes even if they were raced in stock trim. That list of banned bikes would be growing and sooner than later.