Fabrication services and broken race bits repair.

sand.man

Hey everyone,

I spent quite a bit of time this year helping my fellow racers repair broken pieces of their bikes, and since I'm doing relatively little activities this winter I thought I would throw it out there that I'm happy to take on whatever projects are out there.

Instead of scrapping your broken rearset plates, cracked fairing stays, exhausts, clip-ons and what-have-you, let me make them good again to return to service or keep as back-up.

I'm also offering my fabricating abilities/resources to anyone that has a concept for one-off pieces for their bikes like battery trays, air boxes, brackets etc. I can work with you on making what you need. I have a full fabrication/welding shop at my disposal.

This isn't limited to bikes either, if you have a project but are not sure about how to see it through to a finished product shoot me a message.

Stainless steel, Aluminum, Titanium... I can work with it all.

Thanks!
Ryan M.

eric92

Hey Jon, do you think you able to fab up some ice racing fenders for the oval racing series put on every year on the 2nd gear club?
Not that there is much ice for racing on in that series.

sand.man

Bump. I rescued a few bikes and had them back at the track this season, still offering my services for cheap!

sand.man

Just a bump here, I'm fully set up at home now to take on all kinds of repairs.

I've been getting tons of broken race bike bits from you guys over the years and fixing them up for cheap!

You can expect only the highest quality service and repairs from me.

Every weld is performed with high frequency TIG and the steady hands of a perfectionist.

I repair all types of metal from Stainless steel, Aluminum and Titanium to Chromoly alloys and regular old carbon steel.

Ask around the EMRA, I've helped out plenty of happy racers with over 11 years experience in the Welding and fabrication trade. Don't let some hack with a Canadian-Tire welder convince you they can weld, your life depends on your bike staying in one piece.

Add an o2 sensor bung to your exhaust for PC-V or Bazzaz auto-tuning: $80 for SS pipes, $90 for Ti.

RPXREDLl.jpg
kbG2zPfl.jpg

TFuijfHl.jpg
eX6ACyGl.jpg

tEHsP1dl.jpg

Repair your broken off swingarm spool: $60 on a clean break if you found your missing spool in tact, $80 to make a new spool and weld.
VMVOXq5l.jpg

Broken Fairing stay: $40-$80 depending on the severity.
Z7eadFAl.jpg

ZDA7ViVl.jpg

Don't want to buy $300 case covers?
8LcYEKZl.jpg

mmEuzEbl.jpg

Break your super expensive rare factory race team Titanium sub frame?
uygfn5Bl.jpg

Talk to me about your broken exhaust:
sLo2v17l.jpg

Or idea for modifying an existing part:
wC8WXecl.jpg

XwGRtYMl.jpg

Or even fabricating a one-off piece!
QRSyFrUl.jpg

r4YBaIdl.jpg

eKUg9Efl.jpg

Not limited to bike parts either, if you've got something for your car:
oIn2PW2l.jpg

Or truck:
B6eIX19l.jpg

Or need a special tool made:
DeHcalkl.jpg

Feel free to run anything by me.

Goatse

Do you have stuff for bending/straightening?

I've got an aluminum stay that pretty well every square inch took some sort of tweak when I was smooching the air fence. I do have a new one on order, so it could be 'compared' with the new one once it arrives. It's not just the arms that are bent, but the square structure of it is twisted, tabs bent, etc.

It looks like this guy here (but all out of shape),

IY033003.jpg

sand.man

Send me a pic of the pretzeled piece Dana, aluminum is quite nice to work with as it's easily workable. May just need some gentle love with a rubber mallet and a strong set of hands.

Fireman

Ryan has strong hands. He worked on my junk a few weeks back and I was really satisfied......

Dean

Super nice looking work Ryan! Wish I was closer. I'll save stuff up I wreck this year for a winter make over.

sand.man

Super nice looking work Ryan! Wish I was closer. I'll save stuff up I wreck this year for a winter make over.

Thanks Dean!

Greyhound / Canada Post isn't too bad either if you're in a bind. I've had guys ship me stuff from Hawaii and Southern states to fix because they couldn't find capable fabricators out there :cool:

macbayne

Thanks Dean!

Greyhound / Canada Post isn't too bad either if you're in a bind. I've had guys ship me stuff from Hawaii and Southern states to fix because they couldn't find capable fabricators out there :cool:

that story sounds fabricated. lol

sand.man

Not at all (very punny Bayne)

Actually the Factory Husqvarna race team titanium subframe and the Factory Husqvarna chromoly Supermoto frame that was broken in half both came from the same guy in Hawaii, no idea how he got his hands on those pieces!

sand.man

I've had requests for repairs and other such work over the past year or two but have not had the time.

I'm currently in a career transition and find myself with a little more spare time and a lot less money in the bank, so I would like to open up my inbox for anyone looking to have work done.

So let me know what you've got, pictures help.

-Ryan.