Gearing for Mission

M87

Thinking of going to Mission and was wondering what gearing/suspension changes riders made compared to Stratotech, how you made out with sound levels and whether tires are available at that track.
Mike

Mike, gearing and suspension are the same- fine tuning to your discretion of course. Tires are available at the track unless you run michelins, you want to bring with you.

Dave86

Thanks, now all I have to do is find a way to quiet my Arrow exhaust.

Hey Mike, on a 600 you'll need to have a stock exhaust for Mission, liter bikes can get away with an aftermarket pipe as long as it is under the db limit, but anything 750cc or below needs a stock pipe:

all inline multi cylinder four strokes up to 750cc are required to have a stock unmolested muffler with mechanical baffles in place

http://wmrc.ca/documents/documents/WMRC Rule Book 2010.pdf

M87

Thanks Dave, I have been reading their rules.
I have access to a stock can and will have to try and make it work with the Arrow header. It may be more trouble than it is worth since I don't have the full stock exhaust.
Makes our noise rules look pretty good.

Dean

We have quite a number of folks that run aftermarket headers with stock cans. Most of them make flanges to fit the stockers.

Brown

Speaking of exhausts I have always wondered, can you run a stock exhaust from a different bike on your race bike at mission? Say a can from a new kawasaki on a gsxr? Or an new gsxr exhaust on a old gsxr bike?