General equipment standards - Headlights

Nickelmouse

Hi all,

I have a question about getting my bike race ready.

I notice that the rule book says: "Turn signals, mirrors and headlight glass parts must be removed".

I have a 2007 Yamaha R6 and I'm certain that my headlight covers are plastic. Can I pull out my glass light BULBS and race with the headlight components in place or am I bound to get race fairings before being able to pass tech?

Thanks and best regards,

Nicholas

blam

Administrator
Hi all,

I have a question about getting my bike race ready.

I notice that the rule book says: "Turn signals, mirrors and headlight glass parts must be removed".

I have a 2007 Yamaha R6 and I'm certain that my headlight covers are plastic. Can I pull out my glass light BULBS and race with the headlight components in place or am I bound to get race fairings before being able to pass tech?

Thanks and best regards,

Nicholas

I believe as of round 3, the headlights must be fully removed. (see the june meeting minutes)

DEFBOY35

That is correct. Headlights etc must be removed for round 3 and will no longer be "passed" over in tech.
You could still run the bodywork without the lights. Keep in mind the stock bodywork does not have a full belly pan and would require all necessary catch cans.