Has anyone here sold a bike to an American?

sand.man

Just curious if anybody has gone through the process of selling their Canadian race bike to someone down south and could lend some advice on the best way to go about doing so...

Also, most secure way to receive payment?

electrobiker86

Just curious if anybody has gone through the process of selling their Canadian race bike to someone down south and could lend some advice on the best way to go about doing so...

Also, most secure way to receive payment?
It is their headache to cross the border as far as paperwork goes, unless you are taking it down. Buyer was willing to send me a cheque, but that was before electronic banking days. I dropped bike off for shipping when cheque cleared.

sand.man

It is their headache to cross the border as far as paperwork goes, unless you are taking it down. Buyer was willing to send me a cheque, but that was before electronic banking days. I dropped bike off for shipping when cheque cleared.

My only concern is to do with the VIN... I believe this bike was built with a brand new frame from Honda which did not come with a VIN #.

Previous owner added a "custom" VIN tag which allowed him to travel to/from the US for track events, not sure how this will translate for sales though.