How to make "Expert" class more interesting

racer51

My idea is to promote me...then watch the chaos as EVERYONE works to pass me.

Just imagine some of the interesting passes that would occur...

Round the outside, up the inside, in every corner...down the straight...heck, even in the pits!!! :D

YZF1000jon

I thought that was my job when I jump into the senior open race;) You're too small to be truly difficult for the fast guys to pass, you need some more meat on your bones! Better yet, the both of us should be a team, thus a moving chicane out there!:D

Why don't we make the SBK race race 30 laps and grid Int's and Exp's together. Now that would be interesting :) Lots of bikes lol. Just kidding really, I know it is done that way at lots of other clubs but could get a little crowded at Strato. I'm not really sure there is a sure fix from a dwindling Expert grid. I would like to see a larger turnout for the class myself. It sure seemed like there was more bikes in the field when I used to come out and watch Steve Dick, Brian Neilson, Ian W and others battle it out. Those were some great races to watch. As far as the senior race goes, it's definitly one of my favorites to ride in given the large field and pretty damn fast seniors. Rick, you seemed to be adapting well to the new bike. Must be like flicking around a bicycle after the 51. Must of got that clutch fixed :)

Last edited:

racer51

Why don't we make the SBK race race 30 laps and grid Int's and Exp's together. Now that would be interesting :) Lots of bikes lol. Just kidding really, I know it is done that way at lots of other clubs but could get a little crowded at Strato. I'm not really sure there is a sure fix from a dwindling Expert grid. I would like to see a larger turnout for the class myself. It sure seemed like there was more bikes in the field when I used to come out and watch Steve Dick, Brian Neilson, Ian W and others battle it out. Those were some great races to watch. As far as the senior race goes, it's definitly one of my favorites to ride in given the large field and pretty damn fast seniors. Rick, you seemed to be adapting well to the new bike. Must be like flicking around a bicycle after the 51. Must of got that clutch fixed :)

you're too kind Kent... Truth be, it is easier. Now I just need to stop braking so hard and learn to carry some corner speed. If I could only follow you for more than 2.5 seconds!