KTM 350 dirty bikes

JDS

Whats the scoop on these 350 KTMs? Seems like alot riders are buying them.
Are they the best bang for the buck?

yak

Since they aren't 2 strokes they certainly can't be the best bang for the buck IMO...

Spooner

For me, the power delivery as far more liner than the 250 was. The only 450 I ever rode had the power delivery of a 250, with WAY more power. I don't find that the 350 has a "hit" like the others.

~S

JDS

I drove Komo's today. They are a awesome bike. Lighter then my 04 450 Yami(obvious) Just as fast, with the same pull(slightly better) as my 450. The Yami may be down a few Hp from new, or a newer 450. But it still has good low end grunt.
If someone wanted to sell a good used one for about $5000 Id be all over it.
Unless I will 6/49 I wont be buying new. All these NEW motocrossers are pricy.

NOTE: Do not ride one of these if U have a older MX. Your going to be disappointed next time U jump on old faithful, & looking for a upgrade.

Last edited:

YZF1000jon

With headlights, tailight, electric and kick start, plus more fuel capacity, than the 350sx, the 350-F looks like the ideal woods and trail machine. Kinda like how the GSXR 750 is the best of both worlds, 600-like handling with 1000-ish power, the 350 splits the difference the same way. Price however...

JDS

Ok John. Whats this 350 F? Is that a Ford truck, honda(I hope not ;)) Yami or what?
KTM Im guessing now. Yes, probably pricy.

Last edited:

YZF1000jon

umm, what's the title of the thread? KTM 350? :confused: The F is the trail version of the SX. same as the WR is the trail version of a YZ.
and it's Jon. no H.;)

JDS

True, it was started about this KTM "JON" :eek:. Ive googled it , & read many reviews. Just went on the KTM website. They have 4 different styles of that 350(I never knew that). All with a few things in common. And one very main thing in common. HIGHLY priced.

Todd is right. Best bang for buck are the 2 strokes. I cant go back to them. A word of advice for anyone considering upgrading. Dont borrow one of these 350's. It may deplete your bank account by a fair sum of $$.

NOTE
Kinda liking that Husaberg FE 390 :)

Spooner

F is for "Four stoke", common among almost all dirty bikes. Honda, Kawi and Yammie all use "F" to note the bike is a thumper. CRF250, KX250F & YZ250F

As in SX-F350 KTM's MX bike. There is no SX350.

Or the XC-F 350 the enduro.

~S

YZF1000jon

F is for "Four stoke", common among almost all dirty bikes. Honda, Kawi and Yammie all use "F" to note the bike is a thumper. CRF250, KX250F & YZ250F

As in SX-F350 KTM's MX bike. There is no SX350.

Or the XC-F 350 the enduro.

~S

I stand corrected, the Cross Country Four stroke is the one I was referring to.

cd28

i rode a 350 sx this summer, lots of pull, great overrev,
not sure if 450 fast but pretty quick, they would be very competitive at the amra calgary track. I know of one that will probably be out motarding next year