LF: MyLaps Transponder

Ride_Bikes

Hey guys, I am looking to get into racing this year and am trying to keep the costs limited the best I can, which I am sure most of you know can be difficult in this sport.

With that said, does anyone have a MyLaps X2 transponder they are looking to sell?

If not, does anyone know where I can get one, new or used, for a reasonable price? I looked at the MyLaps webstore and would like to find one for a lesser price if possible.

Thanks

Dave86

The club is currently looking into purchasing a pool of transponders to rent out to our club members, we're currently waiting on pricing so we can work out the rental costs, but details will be posted on the website as soon as we have the information available.

DMesher

Dave,

If the club is going to purchase a number of transponders to rent, we should put out the call to those that may be interested in purchasing transponders outright to increase the total numbers and improve our buying power/costs.

I would certainly purchase a unit and help improve the numbers.....

Darel

The club is currently looking into purchasing a pool of transponders to rent out to our club members, we're currently waiting on pricing so we can work out the rental costs, but details will be posted on the website as soon as we have the information available.

Dave86

The transponders we're looking at are cases of used units, I believe Jon posted info on buying / leasing new, but we'll list that info as well once we've finalized the rental details.

Ride_Bikes

Dave, so you are saying there may be an option to buy a used transponder through the EMRA? Or am I reading into your response to much?

Dave86

It's too early to say, we need to find out what the purchase price will be for these transponders before we decide what we do with them. They come in a case that charges all the transponders, so a rental scenario where they are returned at the end of the weekend may make the most sense so we can make sure they are all in working order and charged before the weekend. We'll certainly discuss the possibility of selling some and keeping the rest as a rental pool, but we don't have all the information we need to make those kind of decisions yet. We'll keep the membership posted.