Michelin News

Michelin Man

Hey All.

Just wanted to take five to thank all my customers for giving REDLINE / Michelin the chance to work with you and give you support.

I am very happy to report that around 75% of riders who gave our tires and free suspension setup a go have done personal bests this year!! Awsome!! I never thought I'd find so much satisfaction in the personal side of this business, it has been nothing but fun and fullfilling helping and working with all of you this year.

Working with riders to provide direction on setup and tracking down problems has been very interesting and a learning curve. I have a pretty good system and thought process now for addressing all sorts of issues now and continue to learn.

With that said REDLINE / Michelin will be offering courses to teach you how to pinpoint behaviours in your suspension / setup and make adjustments for the better. The largest problem i have found is that even if a bike is setup, riders do not know how to tune to accomodate for their preferences. We've all heard from pro racers "don't waste money on your motor get your suspension working well first". They are right and it still remains hugely understood. Any rider that wants to win or go fast needs to understand their suspension thoroughly! PEROID! IT IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF MOTORCYCLE ROADRACING!!!!!

We will be developing the following courses which willl be discounted for Michelin customers.

• Level #1 Suspension Basics and Setup.
  • Level #2 Suspension Tuning
  • Level #3 Suspension Building
We will be working all winter on these courses and they will be very very professional with a lot of thought put into them. You will walk away with programs so everything you learned can be put in your tool box. The manuals will be in a binder in color and laminated to withstand all weather. I am hoping to hold courses at Stratotech if I can book the Classroom with Dan. Each course I am hoping to teach in under 3hrs.

Here is a overview for each course

Level #1 Suspension Basics and Setup.

This course will teach you the easy way to review any bike to determine the best way to set it up. Tracks, riders, weather and each type of bike have different requirements. It will allow you determine if you need different springs, valving or geometry.

Level #2 Suspension Tuning

This course is the most understood piece of the suspension puzzle. It will teach you how to diagnose problems easily and teach you to tune the bike or rider for the better. An understanding of what forces the motorcycle sees around the track will allow you to see clearly why certain approaches are taken to tune out undesirable attributes.

Level #3 Suspension Building

In this course we will dissasemble / examine / rebuild a few different types of forks and a standard rear resevior shock. An understanding of valving is difficult untill you take this course.

This year I have worked with all levels of riders and I know I can offer a lot of experience especially to experienced riders. Our reputation speaks for itself. Don't think you are too fast to learn from us. We are all always learning including us.

I love roadracing and what I do so these courses are going to be outstanding. I also am in the process of starting a book hopefully for mass publishing.

Stay tuned for more info..

REDLINE Engine Performance / Michelin Tires..

David Sushynski 403-396-1443
Matt Elder 403-863-2013