Missing stuff in the pits?

the_fornicator

Not to fear monger so as to rally the villagers to bring out the pitch forks and torches, but is anybody else missing stuff while pitting during the races?

I'm pretty sure I had a significant amount of cash taken from my wallet and I've heard of several people now missing tools from their trailers.

Anybody notice stuff missing or weird "things" such as swearing you left the side door on tyour trailer closed but coming back to it opened? Maybe there's a bug.

sand.man

I'm missing a few things since the start of the season but I cannot state for sure that they've been taken as I have not checked everywhere I could have misplaced them... But we'll certainly be tightening up security around our pits just in case.

the_fornicator

The people that I've spoken with thought that too so there seems to be a lot of silent people thinking they've misplaced things. The number of people that have misplaced things, the type of people (experienced people), and the timing all seem a little fishy.

Reckon the collective should keep an eye out for fishy people lurking around the pits now that we're aware of the possibility of a thief.

WRrider

Missing stuff

My wife and I camped overnight and we didn't notice anything odd. Makes a good case or getting to know your neighbours so you know who is coming and going.

There was a fair bit of traffic in the pits on race day...

yak

This looks like a good topic to pick up at our next rider's meeting.

Last edited:

Goatse

I've had my trailer door left open when I hadn't even been in my trailer, and last round when I went to do a wheel change I had some random socket in my box, and my front axle socket was missing. And anyone who knows me, knows I'm way too OCD for that to be my doing. The random socket was a Craftsman too. I've never owned a Craftsman socket set in my life. I'm guessing somebody dug through my tools, 'borrowed' some stuff, then put what they thought they borrowed back (which was the wrong part).

Regardless... Going through somebody's trailer or tools (without asking) is not cool. A guy could miss an important race over something like that.