Motard ideas / comments

JDS

Originally Posted by ronin26
Buy my crf. It will have a completely rebuilt engine, its the fastest tard out there.

You've seen all the yummy chassis bits...its capable of better but all can do on it is 103.0 :)

Ya right Doug. I am not sure how U get 103's? Pretty sure its not bike related.
U give new meaning to the term - Living on the edge.

Last edited:

JDS

Back-off Myttwin. :) I am going to see it tonight.

I just wish I knew if it was a Time bomb or not:eek:

YZF1000jon

I wouldn't be, ask Tawheed how much he offered Dan Last year, and what Dan counter-offered for Tawheeds Honda (civic?) ;) I think it came down to the benjamins.

JDS

Thanx Nic. I was looking at that yesterday. Probably cost a G to get it here.

Do U know it would cost to split Dan's engine & reseal?

Maybe that should be directed at Doug or Jesse.

The sealent is the only MAJOR flaw with that motor. From what I have read the last few days.

Sorry Heiko. Other then Doug sugesting his 450 ( which could be another
hand grenade without the pin) we really havent had much input.

My thought was a 2 cylinder motard should be more reliable then the single.

Last edited:

Planepower

There's a sexy Husqy 450 SMR on kijiji at the moment. It would match my 250 well ;)

Keep posting, I'm curious to know if a twin is better than a single. I'm sure weight-wise a single will out perform.

tawheed

There's a sexy Husqy 450 SMR on kijiji at the moment. It would match my 250 well ;)

Keep posting, I'm curious to know if a twin is better than a single. I'm sure weight-wise a single will out perform.

Scott's (my old) Husaberg is just as fast as an SXV 5.5, I've ridden both. Except, it's a single with a carb which is much easier worked on than the Aprilia twin. I researched the SXVs thoroughly as I almost bought one twice. The orange sealant IS a problem. Hence, if someone were selling a bike with orange sealant, in my mind it would not be worth as one that had the black sealant between the cases.

For a race bike, you're gonna have to pour a lot into maintenance regardless which high end supermoto you buy. If you want something that's quick enough but moreso a street bike I'd say get a KTM 690SMC, they're a lot of money but seem like a pretty solid overall package. Thus far I've had four different Supermotos:

DR-Z400SM - The beast, I loved it.. Rode it on the street and raced it (out of necessity) handled amazing / stable (mostly because of the weight). Spend a few bucks on the carb, pipe etc and it feels faster, and doesn't ever really break

CRF450R - The animal, wanted to kill me most of the time. Fast as hell, tougher to setup suspension wise as the forks are for MX - was never able to get rid of front end chatter - keep in mind my suspension internals were stock

Husaberg - Ran my fastest laptime (for a supermoto) ever on it, without touching a suspension clicker - on street tires. The best overall track bike, not so fun on the Street

WR250X - Slow, well stock DR-Z speed, and prettier. EFI so don't have to mess with carb. Great daily commuter.

Last edited:

popik

i dont think your gonna find anything other and a DRZ that is "reliable" but if you dont mind maintenance the SXV is a pretty decent chassis as long as the motor is solid...none of them lreally like asphalt...its just a matter of giggle factor

Planepower

Well i think ive found a replacement to ole reliable - its a single high strung 'tard - now bring on the new year and lets ROCK.
And, Doug, ill be seeing you after i throw a piston in this beotch for some fantastic tuning (FCR carb) - we'll break it in on the dyno.

JDS

What did U buy Heiko?
I took the plunge too. &, Tawheed is right. From what I can tell. The 550 SXV doesnt feel any faster then my 510 Husky.
Which cant keep up to Scott's Burger.:(

ronin26

No problem Heiko let me know.

And NONE of them are as fast as my CRF sorry boys ;)

I pass them all on the back straight.