Motard ideas / comments

ronin26

OUCH. Dam butcherd up Honda's.

"Butcherd" it's also the best looking motard out there c'mon.

I have raced that bike since 04, this year was the first year it gave me any real problems. Could be I found 2 seconds this year....dunno.

On my data logger it is only below 8000 rpm in two corners.

Planepower

What did U buy Heiko?
I took the plunge too. &, Tawheed is right. From what I can tell. The 550 SXV doesnt feel any faster then my 510 Husky.
Which cant keep up to Scott's Burger.:(

At this point its a secret ;)
Lets just say FBF makes some go fast goodies for it :p

JDS

U guys & your secrets. Kids(or girls) ;) FBF, makes alot for the Ducs. & I know its not a Duc. I guess 450 SMR Husky. haha, I am right. Secrets out.

Thats a pretty good record Doug. U & a few other's would be the only ones that could keep it running that long without issues. 8000 + almost 100% of the time, that poor Honda.

Spooner

"Butcherd" it's also the best looking motard out there c'mon.
I don't know about that. It's just a common Honda. It's a belly botton bike. Everyone has one. :p

White framed Husa's are far nicer. IMO

The 550 SXV doesnt feel any faster then my 510 Husky.
Which cant keep up to Scott's Burger.:(

;) Oh darn, thats really just too bad. Hahaha :)

~S

ronin26

I don't know about that. It's just a common Honda. It's a belly botton bike. Everyone has one. :p

White framed Husa's are far nicer. IMO

;) Oh darn, thats really just too bad. Hahaha :)

~S

i was waiting for you to pipe up...white paint is for chicks!!!

All you guys with exotics will be cryin when you need parts...might be lots of Honda's out there but there's a reason...

Planepower

Havent seen a 'berg blow up - on ice or pavement.
KTM's just slow down, Aprilias go BOOM, and Hondas leave stains on the pavement :D

Last edited:

ronin26

How many bergs have you actually seen, sigh. If there was even an eigth of bergs compared to Hondas you would have. It's not the brand...It's the type of usage.

Honda's leave stains on the podium. Fixed that for ya.

Fireman

I suggest you guys have a contest to figure out what brand is best. How about a series of races? Each race will have points awarded based on finishes, and the brand/person with the most points at the end of the series wins.

Oh, Wait. You just did that throughout the 2010 race season. So, how did that shake out again? lol :p

Planepower

I suggest you guys have a contest to figure out what brand is best. How about a series of races? Each race will have points awarded based on finishes, and the brand/person with the most points at the end of the series wins.

Oh, Wait. You just did that throughout the 2010 race season. So, how did that shake out again? lol :p

HAHA! funny guy - how did you do on your DRZ???
Not too mention Doug said
I have raced that bike since 04,
. And Scott managed how his FIRST year??
Im stoked for next year lightweight and SM - its going to be great fun!
Ive called around and parts availabilty is better than the past 3 years, there are some go fast goodies, and my new 'tard has shown incredible reliability on many circuits (mx, areana cross, and euro events - time will tell, but i know for sure it will be a better performer than ole reliable DRz.
Bring on June 2011!!!

ronin26

Not too mention Doug said . And Scott managed how his FIRST year??
Ive called around and parts availabilty is better than the past 3 years, there are some go fast goodies, and my new 'tard has shown incredible reliability on many circuits (mx, areana cross, and euro events - time will tell, but i know for sure it will be a better performer than ole reliable DRz.
Bring on June 2011!!!

Scott did well for sure.

My first year with the EMRA I had two third place finishes in the expert class...

Good luck H, I hope she holds together for you, which it will until you get to 103's...

JDS

103's(102.5) Doug, congrats. On a tard is like pulling 58's on a SBK.
If everyone could all pull together around 105 - 106's. It would be alot more fun. Engine's wouldnt blow up then.

Last edited:

Fireman

Not too mention Doug said . And Scott managed how his FIRST year??
Bring on June 2011!!!

Did pretty decent for a DRZ actually. Don't remember the times, but then again I only raced it in 2 races.

fonzy

just pulled the trigger on a tard , dont know if id bring it out , maybe i can fit 2 bikes in my truck?:cool:

triple

You guys just give it up. All these bombs, i.e. 450s, 5.5, and wannabe fast bikes, get a real fast tard that pulls past 5.5s that thank God they don't have doors 'cause it would blow them off and put them back on when lapping! Get a KX500, I know someone with a cheap one for sale...only if you can handle it.

Cheers
Richard