New Racers Information Page

blam

Administrator
Attention all new racers....here is a common list of FAQ's and answers. i hope this clears up anything and everything you need to know.

1. what do i need to start racing?
  • if you did race school this year, you need to purchase a race license.
  • if you passed race school last year, you need an annual membership and a race license.
  • if you passed race school 2 years ago, you need an annual membership and a race license and a rider checkout. contact registration for a rider checkout.
  • You will also need a transponder. see question 7.
2. Does my race school include a race license/access pass/race number?
  • No. it only includes your annual membership
3. How do i reserve a race number?
  • buy your race license and pick your number. numbers are held for the current season and released the following season after round 1 if not claimed.
4. What races am i eligible for?
  • Novice open only. your $100 fee coveres both novice races and a morning practice.
5. Do I need to do the saturday qualifying/practice?
  • No, this is optional
6. how do i get promoted to intermediate?
  • you need to do 4 clean races, as a bare minimum. The executive will make the final decision on whether or not to move you up. we will assess you not only on having 4 clean races. you will be judged on your ability to ride safely, your race lines, attitude and speed.
  • For example, if you crash every day and take 8 races to get 4 clean races, you will likely not be promoted. If you have 4 clean races but you run a 2:30 lap, you will not be promoted. If you have 4 clean races, no crashes and run 1:25s but have a shitty attitude towards volunteers and executive, you will not be promoted.
7. How do i get a transponder?
  • we have limited rentals. we strongly urge you to buy one as renting is not economical.
  • https://speedhiveshop.mylaps.com/motorbike.html .
  • The X2 is the common transponder used by our club. I cannot guarantee the TR2 will work at this time, so that is a gamble if you wish to make it.
8. How do i check-in on race day?
  • If you have a transponder rental or medical data carrier to pick up, come to the registration tent. there will be a registration sign.
  • if you have neither, go see tech and have your bike inspected. you need nothing from me.
9. I want to register he day of, or register for more races on race day, how do i do this?
  • Come find me first thing in the morning. if I am riding that day or prepping my bike, you will not get priority and will have to wait until I am free. That is the cost of late registration, along with a $50 late fee.
10. What is the refund/cancellation policy?
  • Please give us 48 hours notice for a refund, as we will have to re-do grids and timing, as this is a manual process and we do not want gaps on grid.