Ohlins 30mm fork cartridge install

krea.tion

Hey folks, just wondering if there are any suspension gurus on here that would be willing to give me a hand installing some fork cartridges. I looked up the install procedure online and while it doesn't seem overly complicated, there does seem to be some special tools required to do a proper install. Having someone with some experience would be a huge bonus too. If there is anyone out there with the right tools and wouldn't mind helping a prospective racer out, I'd really appreciate that! 780 915 2983

Leo

macbayne

Hey folks, just wondering if there are any suspension gurus on here that would be willing to give me a hand installing some fork cartridges. I looked up the install procedure online and while it doesn't seem overly complicated, there does seem to be some special tools required to do a proper install. Having someone with some experience would be a huge bonus too. If there is anyone out there with the right tools and wouldn't mind helping a prospective racer out, I'd really appreciate that! 780 915 2983

Leo

i bought the nix30 last year and went looking for the special tools. the only one that you would require is Ohlins part #01797-07 (looks like a gattling gun) if you want to be pedantic. standard butterfly wrench can be used on the caps instead of the ohlins brand wrench. all i did was attach the lower and middle before putting the cartridge in the fork as the torque rating is only 5 nm IIRC, which is a technical way to say "hand tight for a child."

if you are in calgary area, give michelinman a pm as i think that he is still doing some suspension stuff and he used to service emra race weekends and had seals on-hand too. if you are in the edmonton area, maybe pm popik on the edmontonsportriderz forum.

the cartridge is ridiculously easy to work with over OEM internals.