Open Sportbike T2 Red Flag Event

Oh right of course, Justin must be talking about going "Wheelie, wheelie slow" after the checkered :)

*facepalm*

haha

But with respect to the incident itself, I don't have much else to say other than I don't think anyone needs to be concerned with this reflecting poorly on the EMRA. It was handled well and very cleanly. Elsewhere there has been mention of people becoming concerned about getting into racing. But in the grand scheme of things, this will remain an isolated incident in an otherwise exceptional endeavor. Everyone will appreciate it for the relatively minor incident that it was.

The sense I've gotten is that racing in Edmonton has been growing. If that is in fact true, then this incident has shown the strengths of the racing community here more so than any weaknesses. The leadership dealt with it effectively, and the riders/members rallied in such a manner as to ensure that the fallout from the incident was almost completely positive. That should bolster faith rather than erode it in the eyes of those on the outside looking in.

/$0.02

Last edited: