Out of Province Inspection Results.

Omerta

Just had a walkover my Nova Scotian Bike and got some stuff to do...

I have a full Hindle Titanium exhaust that created some big frowns. Since the inspection is only once, has anyone had experience fabricating and installing a orifice plate or baffle? Seems like an easy fix...

My steering damping is leaking... new one is $500+ which is insane. I'd just buy a GPR V4. Can they be rebuilt easily?

macbayne

Just had a walkover my Nova Scotian Bike and got some stuff to do...

I have a full Hindle Titanium exhaust that created some big frowns. Since the inspection is only once, has anyone had experience fabricating and installing a orifice plate or baffle? Seems like an easy fix...

My steering damping is leaking... new one is $500+ which is insane. I'd just buy a GPR V4. Can they be rebuilt easily?

there may be someone who will be willing to lend you an OEM exhaust. i don't really see the issue with it though, as i can only think of the sound law in the city as being an issue. if that is the issue, then take is to fort sask. as for your steering damper, download your manual for free at www.servicemanualsgsxr.com to see what can be done. when you download it, be careful to make sure you don't download the "add-ons" with the manual. talk to blair layton about a steering damper if you cannot rebuild it. ask if you could even simply remove the damper for an inspection. i don't think one is needed. blair posts here often under "SV-Racingparts."

Omerta

Yeah, I don't understand it either.. its a bit ridiculous. It was the mechanic Barry that did the walkdown. I really don't want to go though swapping the exhaust if I can... that will be plan C.

E&S Motorcycles in Fort Sask good?

Dean

depending on the age of the Hindle pipes, Hindle themselves make a quiet insert that fits in at the bottom of the can. They work well enough to quiet my bike down for Mission on my RC51 with only about a 1HP loss, which is very acceptable.

Failing that, what we usually do is take some old exhaust core material (looks like a machine gun silencer), then cut it to flatten it out, and roll it into a cone. This will act like a baffle and diffuse sound. I put one in the end of my M4 to make it quiet enough for Mission on my SV650.

GPR will always take dampers back and rebuild them for cheap. I send mine in after each season to get oil changed and seals re-done.