Passing under yellow

Cdw46

I need some clarification on this rule. Me and another rider were side by side in turn 5 going into 6. A crash had just happened and the crashed bike and rider were directly in front of the corner worker who was waving the yellow in 6. I lifted off the throttle and the other guy passed me right at the flag i dont know if it was just before or just after the flag.

Was this a legal pass? Does the no pass zone start when u see the flag or after u are past the flag?

sand.man

Sounds like that would be a difficult situation to call, the rule is "No passing between the yellow flag and the incident" - not when you see the flag but an imaginary line across the track from where the corner attendant is waving the flag to an imaginary line across the track where the downed bike/rider are located.

If the flag was AT the incident, which sounds like it was in corner 6, my safety reasoning would tell me no passing through the corner.

If you were "side by side" with no clear leader, then either rider could assume they were leading going into the corner.

Cdw46

I had the inside line and definitely ahead out of 6 where i lifted and that allowed him to be right beside me as we crossed that imaginary line

Fireman

The no pass zone is from the flag to the incident. Any passing between those 2 points is a disqualification if not immediately relinquished after it is safe to do so.

In your case, if it is too close to call, the corner worker probably won't try to split hairs, however that is a coin toss

from a riders perspective, if you think that it may get you disqualified and pose a safety concern.....Just don' do it. Make the pass after the incident