Photos of Sept.10, 2011

Racin Jason

Hi oldskool,

WOW came out Saturday, paid at the gate for my wife and myself, checked to see if I could get access to the track and had fun panning shots and watching the action. I was asked if I would post (which I did) then introduced myself on your forum with a link and that was it. Unfortunately I was asked about the cost if someone wanted to buy and I replied with the same price list I use at the other race tracks. Never had any feedback such as this, people either choose to buy or look at them on the site for free. As for my experience, in motor sports alone around seven years and freelance for newspapers. I own a business in the transport industry and yes photography takes second place to that. If you feel the only reason I came out was to make money then you are mistaken. I came out to have fun and shoot a interesting motor sport. Definitely did not come out to be chastised afterward. kind of blindsided me. The other people on the forum were very cordial both for and against. As for trying to muscle in on some other persons bread or butter, as I stated in my introduction "that is not my intention". These shots are no longer for sale but will remain on the website for others to enjoy or if someone is looking for a shot from the same day that I didn't post, ask me and I will see if I have it and post it. Sorry to have chaffed your underside as that sure wasn't my intention either. Also I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to some poster contest, this was my first time there.

Have a great day Jamie...

Terry

Please don't feel chastised because of a few peoples opinions. I can't gaurantee that you will make a lot of sales (afterall most racers are cheap) but I'm sure the majority of the club appreciates having you there. Besides that, who cares, as long as you are enjoying yourself.
Jamie why you so negative. Nothing seems to be to your standard. I do enjoy debating things with you but this one seems to be a little unwarranted. The guy is just out there having fun shooting pictures (which the majority of us enjoy looking at after a race weekend). If you disagree with the prices, or the fact that he charges at all, you are intitled to your opinion. But to call the photogs a joke is just not cool. These people come out to practise thier hobby or business, as the case may be, and have some fun just like we do as riders. Each to thier own.

YZF1000jon

I can't gaurantee that you will make a lot of sales (afterall most racers are cheap)
I'm not so sure we're cheap, (ok I know I am) I think some of us could be called "monetarily challenged" or in my case, Broke.;) I would like to see if he has enough skill to make me look fast, if he does, that's worth some money!:D

Planepower

Skidmark;
I hope that you change your mind and sell some pictures. I, like everyone claims, are financially challenged this time of year lol.
I've found that each photographer has a different angle and comparing on shots from another is how I decide to buy.

skidmark

Hey everyone, I had a great time watching and shooting your races. Getting shots of how you all some how cling on to your bikes while rounding those turns are amazing. Thats one of the things that differs so much from car shots, your bodys don't have the protection of the cockpit and you can plainly see how the envelope gets pushed. I will get to your track more often next year and I look forward to it.

Terry

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Nice photos and glad you came out...but it seems that the photog's are getting more and more expensive every year. I guess im too much of a club racer to afford any of them anymore

You of all ppl can wheel and deal, you just have to talk to the photographers and work something out with them.

I'd also like to point out a few things. Lots of photographers give away hundreds of pictures each year, they post them up on forums like these and Facebook where you can copy and paste all you want. They also donate the pictures used in the race programs of racers being awesome. A nice picture makes a good paint job look even better, especially sweet action shots. As for the whole 'what gives you the right' argument, people can be photographed if they are in public (without their consent) unless they have secluded themselves and can expect a reasonable degree of privacy. People racing motorcycles on a track? Okay. Somebody entering their PIN at the ATM? Not okay.

Skidmark, I hope you make it back to the track next year.

YZF1000jon

There are a few guys that look like they're going to fall right off the bike, somehow they are also the fast ones, Dave, Bodhi, yeah you guys, I'm talking about you.

Skinny, flexible, fast, little....

;)

oldskool

Sorry everybody, I have no filter.

In the end though, what other tool or instrument can you pick up, set to auto and press one button with amazing results?

You certainly can't go buy a needle setup (tattooing), grab a mig/tig (welding), an airbrush/gun (painting), a calculator (engineering) or a guitar/flute and start playing like you can buy a camera and take pictures.

It's not like the old days where they had to really know their shit and pay for developing and film, only to find out after the fact that their pictures suck. Today, dslr's do it for you at zero cost per f#@k up. I think it's pretty gay what a photographer makes for shooting a wedding and 'giving' away their photos (for $2500-$3500). I'm one guy, and that's my opinion. I also think it's pretty gay what the average unskilled, un educated real estate agent can bring home in an average year. That's just life I guess. At least when you're paying $100+ per hour to have a dentist/tattoo artist work on you, you can take comfort in the fact that not even 10% of the population can do a sufficient job by comparison without motha-phukin skills/artistic ability/practise or education.

Komo, when I said the comment in regards to a joke, I was not talking about the photographers themselves but rather the act of pushing a button.

Here's a photographer that is certainly no joke and distinguished from the crowd.......

5vpwdh.jpg