Pirrelli Contingency

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
So rumor has it Pirelli is NOT paying any contingency (In the US) next year...
Has anyone else heard anything about up here in Canada?
I'm tempted to call up Clint and see what he knows....

YZF1000jon

Acceleration Racing's website lists 2010, nothing yet for 11. Clint is on this forum as "Acceleration Racing". Send him a message and let us know what you find out.

2011 Pirelli Tire News

Hey Guys, I just want to let you know Pirelli has not yet finalized their budgets for 2011. As of last Friday, they were still trying to finalize pricing for the new 2011 tires (new & improved product coming!) and I was told they are trying real hard to reduce the costs :)! This is not guaranteed yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I will be sure to update everyone on the forum as soon as I have some concrete news. Thanks.

jsherstan

I have 100% confirmation that Pirelli is not paying out in the US, I'm pretty well positive that they won't pay out in Canada.

Jesse

sv-racing-parts

So rumor has it Pirelli is NOT paying any contingency (In the US) next year...
Has anyone else heard anything about up here in Canada?
I'm tempted to call up Clint and see what he knows....

:) Hi Neil, I would think that Pirelli will have the contingency and plans for 2011, posted up at www.orionmotorsports.ca They are the Pirelli Distributors,

http://www.orionmotorsports.ca/2010ws/contingencyPgs/emra.htm

Just checked, Looks like nothing for Canada as well,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

Hey Fellow Racers - I just want to clarify once again, that Pirelli's programs for 2011 are still not finalized. I have heard all about Pirelli dropping their program in the US, but I can tell some regions down south are still offering a program for 2011. I guess it goes back to evrything you read on this wonderful information "super-highway" is not always 100% correct..... I am currently working hard to get the best deal I can for you guys and at this point I can assure you something will be happening for the EMRA. As I get more details I will be sure to let everyone know. Hang in there.
Thanks,

YZF1000jon

As a quick thread hi-jack; Clint will you be bringing any of the Superbike Pro tires in? The "red stripe" tires I think they're known as.

sv-racing-parts

:) We all hope that Pirelli comes through with some contingency money,

The reality is that a lot of companies and manufacturers have cut back both their contingency and their sponsorship dollars again this year,

That little bit of contingency often makes a difference to people as to whether they race or not,

Hopefully Orion posts up the $ available as soon as possible,

Blair

Last edited:
Yes I will be bringing in those SBK Pro tires (red stripe), but if you can, send me an email on what size you run, and I will make sure I bring that in.
On another note, Kevin and I are working very hard to come up with some sort of tire program specifically for EMRA members. Ask me about it when you send me an email.

Cheers,

sv-racing-parts

......On another note, Kevin and I are working very hard to come up with some sort of tire program specifically for EMRA members. Ask me about it when you send me an email. Cheers,

:) That is positive news Clint, I know that a number of members are working out tire choices and thinking about contingency. Once you know what you can offer for contingency and prices this year maybe you could post it up so members can compare and make commitments,

Blair

JDS

Niel. I have some tires for U. They are only 8 yrs old, lots of tread left. Should work perfect for ya. ;)

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Niel. I have some tires for U. They are only 8 yrs old, lots of tread left. Should work perfect for ya. ;)
Haha and let me guess John, they are free as long as I use them for a race?