Post crash update and thanks

Sterling

Just wanted to thank everyone that helped me off the track and helped collect my gear after my little mishap on Sunday.

Coming into turn 3, I locked the front briefly, let off the brake to unlock it, and must've locked it again. The front tire washed out and I went down hard on the left side.

Total damage is a scapula (shoulder blade) shattered in 5 pieces and 3 broken ribs. Nothing they can do for either of those but a sling and Percocets. Haven't even looked at the bike yet.

So, thanks again for the help and I hope I didn't cause too big of a delay in everybody's day.

Blaine

user_online.gif

Fireman

Terrible news Blaine! I hope you heal quickly. And don't worry about the rest of the group...we are just glad you didn't have anything worse.

Ducbert

Sorry to hear about the shoulder :( Good news is, it will heal right??

Easy on the Perc's though, those buggers are "powerful" :) and addictive.......

Glad to help, if it happens to me, hopefully someone will do the same for me.....

twidders

Take is easy Blaine. We will miss seeing your smiling face around for a little while...heal up quickly.

Trina

Sterling

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Pain has reduced quite a bit except if I cough (I'm so glad I don't smoke :))

Trina, good call on suggesting the NE Health Centre - things went really well there. The big delays didn't start till they transferred me to the Royal Alex for CT scans. I didn't get home until 2:30 am.

Got to hear some funny comments though - one Dr. asked me if the crash was accidental or if I intentionally "layed it down."

Passed the time listening to conversations like these:
Nurse: "So you've had a few beers tonight? How many?"
Patient: "Um, twenty." :D

YZF1000jon

Your brother will know better, but when we first picked the bike up the fibreglass was the only real victim, the pieces from your helmet said you'll need a new one of them too. The bits of the bike were all still there and attached from what I could see. Unfortunately it sounds like you'll have some time to make sure it's all ready to go when you are. Send a pm if you need help with that part.

Sorry to hear about your crash Blaine. Hope you heal well. Don't worry about delaying anyones day. It's more important to look after your health and wellbeing after a crash then anything else at that point.

Take care of yourself Blaine. Cheers!

Norm