Poster contest disqualification

fask

I would like to publicly apologize to Mathew Sweet and Mathew Sweet Photography.
I used one of his photographs for my "D" entry into the emra poster contest. When I downloaded this photo from the emra forum I thought it to be public domain and available for use within the club.
I have been informed by the club that Mathew Sweet's photographs are copy righted under Canadian law and not available for use.
Please accept my apology for my ignorance to this law and the stringency of which it may be enforced. I am clearly in the wrong and regret not asking for prior permission to use the photograph. Furthermore, Mathew, I hope I did not insult you by offering financial compensation for said photograph, after the fact.
On a side note, I am currently attempting to track down the authors of the images which I used in my other contest entry, "E", in order to gain their permission to use their copy-written photographs.
If I have unknowingly used one if your photographs in entry "E", please contact me on this forum immediately as I would like a chance to make things right with you.
Finally, I hope I have not tarnished the reputation of the club with my actions. I think that the poster contest is a great concept and really brings out the talent within our club.

Thank you,

F. A. Spencer King
EMRA expert #25