Qualifying

Blighty

How does qualifying work at EMRA when you race 2 bikes - do you need 2 transponders or can you transfer transponders from one bike to another? Can you practice in 2 separate groups assuming your lap times are different enough to put you in 2 separate groups?

DEFBOY35

My understanding is that if you have 2 or more bikes that you still must stay in your group. If the times are that drastic of a difference we will have to look at it. But one could definitely not run 2 different groups in the same rotation.
The classes that torin will be racing are not gridded based off of qualifying so I can't see it being an issue to run just the one transponder. His grids will be based off of points.
Hope that helps.

electrobiker86

Hey Shane, would it matter how many bikes one uses in Novice? I am still trying to figure out which bike to race with, and I haven't rode any of them much.

electrobiker86

Hey Shane, would it matter how many bikes one uses in Novice? I am still trying to figure out which bike to race with, and I haven't rode any of them much.
I just realised the topic was practise day, I was thinking for novice races, can two different bikes be used on Race day for Novices?

DEFBOY35

I just realised the topic was practise day, I was thinking for novice races, can two different bikes be used on Race day for Novices?
Yes. Gridding is random for novice. Just make sure both bikes are tech'd and ready to go and that you have your transponder on the bike you are riding

Last edited:

blam

Administrator
beat me to it....

he meant gridding. novices don't "qualify" its just a practice day instead. all the grids are done by random.