Race gas

ehagar

I bought a track bike last winter and the previous owner used MR9 and VP98... dumb question, where would you recommend going to buy race gas?

Everett

YZF1000jon

I know alberta cycle has a bunch, but I'm not sure what or how much. Pretty sure Chris @ Vicious either has or can get some too.

racer51

Specialty Sleds is a VP dealer. I spoke to them today and they are expecting an new shipment the first week of June. Otherwise, it's where ever you can find it.

racer51

I know alberta cycle has a bunch, but I'm not sure what or how much. Pretty sure Chris @ Vicious either has or can get some too.

Chris does not have any race gas on hand.

Alberta Cycle has some C12 @ $125 for 5 gallons

Last edited:

racer51

MR9 seems to purport the largest HP increase @ 8% with an octane rating of 87.

Ian Wall used to always run MR9 in his Suzuki.

Anyone else have opinions or ideas?

firestorm

Dave S. was selling VP at the track last year.

MS109 would be an alternative to U4.2 and should be available at Specialty Auto. It's an unleaded oxygenated fuel which is all they can import from the states until the leaded race fuel exemption is passed into law.

Dean

C12 is what I was running in my SV last year. It's meant for mostly for Twins and is 108 octane rating. It's more for high compression twins. MR12 is the best fuel this year, and it's damn hard to find. It will offer the most gain. Following that is MR9 and MRX01, both nothing to sneeze at.

For most bikes that are NOT built with engine work for racing, the most gain you will see is on U4.4 the new replacement for U4.2 this year. This gas will not rot your internals as fast as MR9,11,and 12 will do. If running race gas, always remember to drain your tank and the end of the race day and run a bit of pump gas through the bike to flush the pump empty of the race stuff. When it sits for a period of time, it will eat the coating on your tank, dry out your seals, and can corrode your fuel pump.

If you come out to Vancouver, Mspeed Performance has a lot of it for sale in 5 gallon mini-barrels.