Racing at Miller on oct.1-2

Fireman

A few people have been talking about racing at miller for the sept 30 - oct2 double header. It is a trackday followed by double header race weekend. They are doing the full track. This is a 3 minute plus lap for most people on one of the nicest tracks in north America.

Anyone interested post here. We will be looking at all the info needed to get us racing down there in using medical insurance, and bike/rider requirements.

Justin Knapik.

Fireman

I can find out insurance an race fee cost as well as hotel fees.

The rest depends on how you travel, and your living expenses for 5 days.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Can we even get insurance now? I heard as of this year some of the insurance companies no longer allow coverage if we are racing. I did about 6 days in the states this year and didn't have extra insurance. Just what my work and Alberta health care provides. My buddy was telling me this its close to 1000$ per stich if you need stitches down there!!!

buellish

So far this is the best deal that I've found. I talked to them and they do insure Canadians, but contact them directly. It's about $400 for a year, from what i recall.

I have also talked to a rep from Combined insurance who offer some odd packages, but you are covered in both Canada and USA.

Broken arm @ miller = $10k assuming you only spend one day in hospital!

Justin, if you have anything could you post it on CMRA site as well. We have about 5 - 6 people who will be going as well.

Chris

http://www.insurance4ama.com/

Fireman

That is the best deal I have found as well. Matt elder might have a better deal though. His mom was doing some shopping around.

ElderadoRacing

Alright, so I am putting together a little trip to Miller. I have spoken with a few people already about it. I have the paper entry form for the races which shows all costs. If it is filled out and dated before you arrive the club (masters of the mountains) will waive the late entry fee as their online system is not perfect just yet.

The day garages are $50 a day. GP garages are about $150 a day. I have already booked two day garages and they are both filled. You can fit four bikes per garage, that means it is dirt cheap for power, A/C, t.v's for live timing, bathrooms, you name it. I have booked garages West1 and West2. They directly across from pit entrance/exit. Look to book West 3-10. The contact for the garages is:

Camry White
1-435-277-RACE

You can go to www.millermotorsportspark.com to register for the track day.

I am still looking into insurance, but the AMA may be the best so far.
You will need an AMA license ($39) in order to race.

You can unload into the garages on thursday after 5pm. The facility is 24hours so it doesn't matter when you arrive.

For more info you can find me hanging around the Michelin tents!!

Dean

I'm insured with BCAA. I'd imagine its the same as AMA (Alberta Motor Association). Just make sure you put on the "Participation in a speed contest" rider on the insurance and you are covered. Also when in the US, it's not a bad idea to get life-flight insurance, in case they have to air ambulance you somewhere. I think that's and extra $50 for the year. A lot of the Washington riders carry that one.

Hmmmmmm....October 1st weekend eh? You guys maybe have room for a BC boy in the group? I might be able to take the RC51 down there!

sv-racing-parts

:) Just a heads up reminder to everyone that you must have a Shark Fin on your Swing Arm to run at Miller and participate in AMA events now,

The Post on having them for you at Stratotech for the Round 6 weekend on the 9th is moved to under the Vendor-Group Buy category in Classifieds now,

If you need one on your bike, and want me to have it for you on the 9th at Stratotech, Email me Directly at [email protected] and you will be looked after,

Miller is an Awesome Facility and if you are on the fence on going, hop off. This is your chance to ride one of the best tracks anywhere period,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

ElderadoRacing

Insurance.

so I have found the following insurance plans.

Simpson Group Insurance
Jeff Simpson
99 Evergreen Terrace SW
Calgary, AB T2Y 2A7
Ph:403-281-4403
Fax: 403-281-4503
[email protected]

You will need to purchase the travel medical insurance with the additional sports rider. The sports rider is an additional $12/day. The Policy will be available as of Sept. 9 2011.

option 2:

ATB travel medical insurance.
www.travelunderwriters.com/consumer...**.tu_prod2?planCategoryName=multiTripProduct

Or go to www.atb.com, select a product, travel protection, and follow the steps. Make sure you add the professional sports rider to the policy! This is a must. It is your on track coverage.

Both companies offer annual and single trip coverage. I suggest making sure that the trip length is 10 days or less just to be safe. I just purchased the ATB insurance and paid just under $100 for a year of insurance.

Both Policies are great, choose which one you like.
This is great news people, lets go ride some bikes!!

Matthew Elder.

sv-racing-parts

Miller Time

:) That is great news Matt, Everyone, if you have never been to Miller, go. If you can find anyway to make it happen this year, just go,

It will change the way you view racing and your let you participate at a level that will leave a lasting impression you,

Make the plans, get the parts you need to be ready, and go for it,

Blair

Dave86

Brilliant, thanks for the info Matt! Can't wait for October, I've been wanting to ride Miller for a long time now.

Fireman

Insurance was $22.oo for the weekend!! WOW! great Job matt, I really appreciate that.

The track day on friday is $200, the fees for saturday and sunday are $415.00 USD for the 3 races I am doing including a money class race.

Just so people can look into the costs.

ElderadoRacing

Sweet!! Good to see you stepping up Justin.

Oh and by the way, riders meeting is at 7am I do believe. Bit of a change from up here.

Miller time is coming.

Dave86

That's an awesome deal through ATB, got my insurance done too.

The schedule on the info sheets I got from your mom says 7AM Tech and Registration open, 7:30 Riders meeting.

How's Miller for tire wear?

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Dave, Miller is not gentle on tires, be prepared for some wear,

The track is excellent and too much fun to ride,

Blair