Round 1 2013 Pics - Better late than never

papakilo

Here's a few pictures from the 1st round.
2023.jpg

2033.jpg

2083.jpg

BMW-crash04.jpg

BMW-crash05.jpg

BMW-crash06.jpg

BMW-crash07.jpg

BMW-crash08.jpg

BMW-crash09.jpg

HotStuff.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Pat

papakilo

Thanks, top left hand corner of the stands and a nice long lens...ha ha. I saw him cross the finish line way too fast and started snapping to see if he would make it around turn 1. The pictures say it all. I'm glad the padding was there and he walked away.

DMesher

Great shots....I crossed the finish line at 154kph, three meters later grabbed the brakes and in 78m slowed to 71kph at the pavement edge. I crossed the gravel and hit the barrier at 67kph. One of the interesting things is that in previous laps of the same race I was entering that corner at 63 to 68kph. I probably could have made the corner if I hadn't resigned myself to going off-track. Other than broken fiberglass and a broken fairing stay, no damage or injuries :) , says something about the safety equipment.

With experience comes knowledge....I regret the outcome but not the experience, I learned lots.

Darel

Last edited:

Planepower

One of the most shocking, yet entertaining get offs into the rocks at 1. You raised your arms and we all cheered. I've seen a few ugly crashes in 1 and if I ever had a choice on how to bail, I would follow your example. Glad to know it was minor.