***Round 1 PICS***

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Here are a few pics Alana took of the intermediate races during round 1. The small size hides all the fine detail in the pics, which is too bad in the full size images you can see the heat pouring off the bikes and pavement, and the reflections of the rumble strips and other bikes in the visors. Check out her site there are over 100 more pics there. I had a great time all weekend, can't wait for round 2.

DSC08180.jpg

DSC08181.jpg

DSC08222.jpg

DSC08306.jpg

DSC08316.jpg

DSC08386.jpg

Fireman

No pro racers in any of pics. Do you find that they don't tend to purchase the pictures or is the pro races less entertaining than the intermediate races?

YZF1000jon

You have to admit 4 guys sniffing each others tailpipes in turn three does look like fun! Even if we're half as fast as you guys with the black numbers:D

Fireman

You have to admit 4 guys sniffing each others tailpipes in turn three does look like fun! Even if we're half as fast as you guys with the black numbers:D

Absolutely. I would like to see what we can do about that for 2011 though. I think the expert class needs a change if it is going to be the "premier" class of the emra.

racer51

Expert racing

Absolutely. I would like to see what we can do about that for 2011 though. I think the expert class needs a change if it is going to be the "premier" class of the emra.

Expert SuperBike was one of the most entertaining races of the day. It was great to see three different leaders.

There does seem to be some rather extreme differences in HP that "tend" to turn the expert races in to a bit of a train. All our experts are great riders so it must be frustrating for those down on HP to watch the more powerful bikes pull away.

oldskool

I think there needs to be some serious promotions to expert this year, considering that only half will probably race anyway. Expert is a bit boring to me because of the lack of rookies (with the exception of Pete). I think you would find the rookies stepping up the speed faster and it would allow for some great mid pack battles, not to mention some serious upsets for some of the vetrans.

I don't think the criteria for promotion should be winning a race or racing for 17 seasons, but rather being able to show that they can consistantly run 1:02's in a smooth, non-sketchy fasion. Bump 6-8 guys (not 3-4) and allow the riders left behind in intermediate a chance to get some podiums and some contingency money.

Fireman

I think there needs to be some serious promotions to expert this year, considering that only half will probably race anyway. Expert is a bit boring to me because of the lack of rookies (with the exception of Pete). I think you would find the rookies stepping up the speed faster and it would allow for some great mid pack battles, not to mention some serious upsets for some of the vetrans.

I don't think the criteria for promotion should be winning a race or racing for 17 seasons, but rather being able to show that they can consistantly run 1:02's in a smooth, non-sketchy fasion. Bump 6-8 guys (not 3-4) and allow the riders left behind in intermediate a chance to get some podiums and some contingency money.

Precisely what I had in mind Jamie.

Great pics. Oldschool makes a good point. There is more then a few guys that are fast enough to run expert in the Int. class this year. The large field in Intermediate as well as closer racing makes it my favorite class to watch and was before I took the school and started racing. Hopefully we start to get more returning racers after being promoted this year. The Intermediate class seems to be the popular class to run until promoted. As far as HP, Strato is small enough that it truly is the rider that separates the fast from not so fast when were talking 100hp + bikes. Look at Ian's times for example and I doubt his 250 is making huge HP or Tourque numbers. How about if a rider feels he's outgrown the Int. class and applies to move up mid season? Maybe the exec could vote or even the guys he would move up and race against, could vote? Just throwing another idea out there.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
No pro racers in any of pics. Do you find that they don't tend to purchase the pictures or is the pro races less entertaining than the intermediate races?

Well actually I forgot to bring another set of tires, so I got Alana to run to my house pick up a set of tires and bring them to the track. I changed tires, she ate her lunch so we missed the first expert race. I barely made it out for my second race and she took a few pics of that, then I came in and we watched the next couple expert races from the stands, pretty amazing to see Royce ride the way he does. Nothing against the expert class, doesn't matter what class you take pictures of few are purchased from the races even though they are some of the best.

I agree with Jamie's point, I'm just not sure how to go about 'promoting' riders the right way that is best for all riders.

MyTTwin

Perhaps one of the executives could start a thread asking and/or suggesting criteria ideas for intermediates to move up to expert. I'm sure there would be plenty of feedback/questions from members.

Fireman

Great pics. Oldschool makes a good point. There is more then a few guys that are fast enough to run expert in the Int. class this year. The large field in Intermediate as well as closer racing makes it my favorite class to watch and was before I took the school and started racing. Hopefully we start to get more returning racers after being promoted this year. The Intermediate class seems to be the popular class to run until promoted. As far as HP, Strato is small enough that it truly is the rider that separates the fast from not so fast when were talking 100hp + bikes. Look at Ian's times for example and I doubt his 250 is making huge HP or Tourque numbers. How about if a rider feels he's outgrown the Int. class and applies to move up mid season? Maybe the exec could vote or even the guys he would move up and race against, could vote? Just throwing another idea out there.

Mid season promotions is a interesting idea. This could only be possible if it were asked for by the rider mind you.

This entire topic has had my interest for the last 2-3 seasons. It is especially a issue this season with only one of our promoted intermediate riders finding his way to the expert grid in 2010. BTW he kicked my ass too!! lol

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
There are a couple other expert riders I see at the track, just not riding, would great to see them out riding latter this season perhaps.

jetfixer15

Pro level racing at many levels isn't always close racing, be it club, national or international. We have had Intermediate riders do one minute laps times in the past and they were promoted to Expert at the end of the year after winning their respective class. The reason a lot of racers that are promoted to expert don't return is a case of economics or time commitment. I think the way things have been done in the past works for the most part. The only thing I would suggest is promoting the top 2 in each Intermediate class at the end of the year. Just my 2 cents.

racer51

Pro level racing at many levels isn't always close racing, be it club, national or international. We have had Intermediate riders do one minute laps times in the past and they were promoted to Expert at the end of the year after winning their respective class. The reason a lot of racers that are promoted to expert don't return is a case of economics or time commitment. I think the way things have been done in the past works for the most part. The only thing I would suggest is promoting the top 2 in each Intermediate class at the end of the year. Just my 2 cents.

I have an idea too. But let's move this thread to a new one on topic.