Safety Castrol racetrack

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by Julien, Jan 2, 2019.

1. DEFBOY35

DEFBOY35 Well-Known Member

Shane C Fraser
    I'd imagine there must be some unreported progress on castrols part in order to feel confident in dropping the 35-40k at this particular time.
    Are the bales and covers coming out of the clubs pockets. Or did that mean that Castrol has ordered them?

2. fast316

fast316 EMRA Executive Member

Nothing to hide hear Shane, take off the tin foil hat haha.

$35000 was the number I had given at the AGM and no one opposed. Might go up to $40000 due to increased production costs, as Owen had mentioned at the AGM. Brian is working on bringing the costs down with Norseman.

This order must be made shortly to ensure we get it before race school, simple as that. Castrol Raceway has ordered the hay bales and covers and is paying for the costs as they will remain on the track all season.

Of course we are confident, we have a signed, very favorable contract with Castrol Raceway, who have made it clear to us through this contract changes will be made at the track. No sense being negative or keeping this money in the bank when it could be put towards the best year yet and used to further improve our safety.

Things are really shaping up, the executive has put in a TON of work already towards this season. Everyone has worked towards positive change on so many levels. Already we have doubled our efforts in terms of fundraising for air fence purchases. Response to the Calgary fundraiser at Wild Rose Brewery has been over whelming. The responses we have received from vendors, everyone at Castrol Raceway and sponsors in all areas of the EMRA and motorcycle community has been incredible. The EMRA is set to offer all its members more than ever before, and is building towards an incredible 2019 season.

So get ready, race season is coming, if you smell a delicious, crispy smell, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!

3. DEFBOY35

Shane C Fraser
    I appreciate the answers to questions asked regardless of the condescending opening line.
    Being that there is little information made public and the website being down making meeting minutes unavailable at the moment, Questions I would think are to be expected.
    I'd love to see the favorable contract in order to have the same optimism.
    Don't forget that at the same agm. It was also brought up that the track wasn't designed for motorcycles and that they would be fine if we decided to not come back.
    But I do truly hope that things get done, and that there will be racing at a much improved facility to make it the best year yet.
    I do understand the timeline of trying to get the order in time for the first event. But up until this point the talk has been the club is willing to risk the 16k hoping the changes get made. Now that risk is potentially up to 56k if the changes are not completed as promised. I am sure you can respect that being questioned as there has been no progress on castrols part (other than the freshly mentioned ordering of bales) in order for you to put out an update since the agm.

4. toybm

toybm Member

Jeremy
    Execs, is there an update for the membership with regards to this topic?
    Many thanks.

DEFBOY35 likes this.
  5. DEFBOY35

Shane C Fraser
    It's probably safe to say the answer is no if they are not replying.

toybm likes this.
  6. toybm

toybm Member

Jeremy
    I was just thinking the same thing.
    I'm not sure how I feel about this year. Maybe it's because I'm getting older. Or maybe it's because this has been an ongoing topic and concern since I started racing at Castrol, with seemingly little action by the facility.
    Or is it a combination of both?

7. 2quickrides

2quickrides EMRA Executive Member

Sean
    February put a lot of outside work behind schedule, but they’ve cleared the snow to prepare to move turns 1 and 3 walls since the weather turned. Only physical update at this time.

toybm and DEFBOY35 like this.
  8. fast316

fast316 EMRA Executive Member

This year is going to be unreal! More track time, for cheaper, at all levels, from track days to racing. We have worked our butts off and built a club that is capable of that. I'm staying optimistic and pushing for the best, quitting gets you no where and doesn't inspire or contribute to any kind of change.

'You don't quit the game because you get old, you get old because you quit the game.'

The track is changing, little bit by little bit, Rome wasn't built over night.

9. DEFBOY35

Shane C Fraser
    Thank you for the update.

10. nac.00

nac.00 EMRA Executive Member Staff Member

Neil
    Hey Jeremy,
    Sorry for the late reply as we don't watch the forum daily.
    All the safety changes we agreed upon with Castrol will happen.
    There is no way they could afford to lose their largest renter (we have the most days booked out of any organization at Castrol)....
    Plus on top of that, they need us to help run their track days they are putting on this year.

toybm and 2quickrides like this.
  11. toybm

toybm Member

Jeremy
    Thanks Sean, thanks Neil I appreciate your responses. I'm happy to hear that something is happening and that concerns are being looked at. I like others, enjoy being a part of and supporting the EMRA family.

While I do appreciate the time you took to pen a response, I really don't know what to do with it. I was trying to follow up on a concern I believe is legitimate but your response addresses things that have little to do with the thread topic. I'm also puzzled by the "quitting" theme of your reponse because agian it has nothing to do with actual topic and even worse I find it dismissive to a legitimate concern of your membership.
    Hopefully, I misunderstood your post.

2quickrides likes this.
  12. 2quickrides

2quickrides EMRA Executive Member

Sean
    Jon is just trying to get everyone excited about track season again and attempting to bring the narrative into a more positive light. You can imagine the pressure of inquiries the exec is receiving especially approaching spring time and the negativity towards it from certain parties. Lack of physical updates isn’t helping, we are all well aware. Jon being prez, he naturally gets the bulk of them.
    But as has been said, Castrol has committed to the required changes and we are committed to making sure they happen. Now that the weather is finally cooperating we should start to see more physical progress sooner rather than later. Everyone wants to ride, but first local bikes on track is still 2 months away. Plenty of time.

Framer and Nevets like this.
  13. Rd2ride

Rd2ride New Member

Luke Drapeau
    I don't know about you guys but I'm really excited for the 2019 year of racing. Doing every round, every track except may 17th, and heading to Washington and Oregon end of May for pre season track days to see how I like my new to me, not yet ridden by me, s1000rr.

Happy the track is becoming safer, and hopefully, fingers crossed, everyone will have a great, safe, and fast year!!!

Nevets and 2quickrides like this.
  14. toybm

toybm Member

Jeremy
    Thanks for the reply. I do understand that many people find this a hot topic and rightfully so, the replies that you and Neil have provided would have been enough for me. They were on point.
    Maybe as I age I'm getting grumpier, I don't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Also, if I haven't done so before, I'd like to thank everyone involved in runnung this club and making it what it is today.

2quickrides likes this.
  15. marmstro

marmstro EMRA Executive Member

Mark
    To add my two cents, I have to say that witnessing the passion, commitment, and hard work the executive gives really inspires me and hopefully all of you. These are really good people committed to getting everyone out there on a safe track. it`s a tough job, with a lot of difficulties. Trust me...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 7:57 AM
    electrobiker86, Framer and rparsloe like this.
  16. electrobiker86

electrobiker86 Active Member

David
    I took the reference to "quitting" as the club not quitting and ensure the stated improvements are made, I don't think there was intent to reference your decision as to race or not.

2quickrides and andy like this.
  17. Revolution

Revolution New Member

Ron
    Just read this whole thread and hope all the changes we need done are done so we can enjoy some track time this year

DEFBOY35 and Julien like this.