Tech inspection for round 2

Just a reminder to everyone that for round 2 we will be checking for engine case covers. They are mandatory for this round as discussed by Juan at round 1. There are certain bikes that are the exception to this rule, and those will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Also, please remember to have your medical form filled out and to keep it in your leathers, front pocket. This was the most commonly forgotten thing we found during round 1. We will have medical forms at tech, so if you need one just ask.

Thanks guys,
John

sand.man

Just to add to the medical form note, for people that do not have a front pocket and have been putting the form in their back protector pocket - it is a bad idea. If you're laying on your back injured, they can't get to your information. You can just tape the form inside your leathers in the front.

tt600

sound regulations

last year at your track guy's were running aftermarket pipe on their bike....is this still ok for this year?

sand.man

As far as I know, aftermarket pipes are okay.

There is a decibel limit, I'm not sure what it is, but I have yet to see anybody flagged for excessive noise.

There is no noise check at tech inspection, but if your bike is obviously louder than all other bikes going around the track you may be checked out.

Juan42

last year at your track guy's were running aftermarket pipe on their bike....is this still ok for this year?

To confirm what sand.man said, aftermarket pipes are acceptable, subject to noise level limitations(usually measured on the front straight). Spot checks are done, although I don't know off hand the current limit, which is set by the facility. It has not generally been a problem in the past for most bikes with aftermarket pipes in good condition.

Juan42

Just to add to the medical form note, for people that do not have a front pocket and have been putting the form in their back protector pocket - it is a bad idea. If you're laying on your back injured, they can't get to your information. You can just tape the form inside your leathers in the front.

100% correct. A zip lock bag duct taped to the inside left front of your leathers should work fine. I spoke with the paramedics at the Round 1 and they were extremely pleased to see that we had instituted the form as it provides them with alot of important information to go on in the event that you're unable to communicate for yourself. It could be a lifesaver. In fact, they asked if they could use this form as an example to show other clubs in the region to encourage them to implement something similar(to which I agreed of course).
Thanks for your comments sand.man !
Juan

Fireman

100% correct. A zip lock bag duct taped to the inside left front of your leathers should work fine. I spoke with the paramedics at the Round 1 and they were extremely pleased to see that we had instituted the form as it provides them with alot of important information to go on in the event that you're unable to communicate for yourself. It could be a lifesaver. In fact, they asked if they could use this form as an example to show other clubs in the region to encourage them to implement something similar(to which I agreed of course).
Thanks for your comments sand.man !
Juan

In actuallity, we stole this directly from our brethren to the west in the WMRC. They have been doing this for some time and we in the EMRA (Juan's idea really) thought this would be a help here with our club.