Timer off last year?

the_fornicator

Im having a debate with a friend.

Were the lap times off last year and, if so, what round and was it for the whole day? I remember them being off but we're not sure what round. Help me win a bet!

Thanks!

ian

There were a couple of issues on the last round, one was when the timing people locked themselves out of the timing truck and couldn't start the timing for a race, plus we were fighting network issues for most of the day. If you let me know which race you are referring to I can check.

Ian

sand.man

I remember one particular round where a bunch of us were running unrealistic lap times, but I don't recall which round it was.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Yeah I remember a bunch of intermediate guys hit some times that were a bit wishful thinking.
I remember Schramm laughing and saying he ran a 1:21
He's fast, but there was no doubt the timing was off. I can't recall which round that was though.

DMesher

For all the races last year that I ran (with the exception of a few technical problems as Ian has said) the bikes data was always within 0.1-0.2 second of the posted times.

Darel

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
A small bird told me if you carried a wheelie across the start/finish line your lap times might get messed up, but you were then awarded bonus points for being awesome.

Improvements to timing/race control are something the EMRA exec and Castrol management are working on. Whatever gets sorted out I'm sure will benefit us all at the track.

DEFBOY35

biggest issue i found was not catching laps quite often. i dont think the timing said i ran a full race all year, lol