VP racing U4.4 equivalent

marmstro

EMRA Executive Member
I picked up an amazing race bike which I love. But, it was tuned for and runs VP U4.4.
Thats some expensive fuel!

I was wondering if AFD petroleum`s Fury fuel has an equivalent that would work.

Anyone?

G.NYUS

I'm also tuned for U4.4. It actually isn't that bad if you can get a barrel and split it with a few guys. I'd be interested in doing that if you decide to stay with VP in the end. Just FYI. I'll be following this thread as well.

Goatse

They used to sell an oxygenated fuel that was close, but the car guys complained about the oxygenation (WTF?). So they got rid of it...

marmstro

EMRA Executive Member
Ahhh.

Well, I`d be interested in splitting a barrel then.
Only thing is I have no place to keep it....

G.NYUS

I've got room for it if you were ok with that. Ill get some more current prices. Specialty sled was $1050 plus tax when I called, but I didn't verify the drum size (there's a 30 gallon and a 55 gallon). 19l pails were $155 plus tax.

I'll pm you when I get more info. Depends on the crappy exchange rate.

Goatse

I've got room for it if you were ok with that. Ill get some more current prices. Specialty sled was $1050 plus tax when I called, but I didn't verify the drum size (there's a 30 gallon and a 55 gallon). 19l pails were $155 plus tax.

I'll pm you when I get more info. Depends on the crappy exchange rate.

I'd imagine it's the 55 gallon. 19L is 5 gallons, so you'd only have 6 of those in the 30 gallon drum. That'd make the 19L pails cheaper than a 30 gallon drum.

I could be down as well after seeing the legs on some of the liter bikes out on the weekend...

VP also has a new fuel or 2 out that I've seen a few of the builders using with good numbers.

G.NYUS

I'd imagine it's the 55 gallon. 19L is 5 gallons, so you'd only have 6 of those in the 30 gallon drum. That'd make the 19L pails cheaper than a 30 gallon drum.

I could be down as well after seeing the legs on some of the liter bikes out on the weekend...

VP also has a new fuel or 2 out that I've seen a few of the builders using with good numbers.

Yep. It's the 55 gallon drum. I'll pm you.

For what it's worth;

The fuel tuning between U4.4 and pump gas isn't huge.

If the engine is stock, you can safely run pump on a U4.4 tune. The bike will just feel a bit soft.

Fireman

I can get tins of U4. 4 for 135.00 plus tax and deliver them to the track.
You can pick them up at the empire tyres tent.

Call me at 780993662zero to preorder. Once the supply is gone we will not be reordering this year.

Last edited: